Thanksgiving is such a beautiful event! You have relatives who visit you to spend some valuable time and give thanks. Of course, it is also another excuse for us girls to dress up and look our best! While you might have the perfect outfit, shoes and makeup down, there is one thing that we quite often forget – our nails! Here are 5 easy Thanksgiving nail designs 2016!
Easy Thanksgiving Nail Designs 2016
Nail Designs For Short Nails
1. Turkey Tradition
If you are more on the traditional side but, like a little bit of funkiness then this is the perfect and easy Thanksgiving nail designs 2016 for you!
- Begin with a plain white base coat. Make sure it is well coated and not transparent.
- Using a thin brush, paint three strokes of leaves in the traditional fall colors.
- Choose one nail on which you are going to paint the turkey.
- First draw the feathered tail, following the same method as you did for the leaves on the other nails. Use the same fall colors.
- Draw two brown circles, one big – at the bottom and one small – over lapping at the top. This is the body of your turkey.
- Using a dotting tool, draw two eyes and a beak!
- Finish it off with a clear top coat!
2. Tad of Plaid
We all know how big a deal plaid is during this season! Fashion can change but plaid and thanksgiving just go hand in hand!
- Begin with a white base coat for the nails on which you are choosing to do the plaid design.
- Start with the darkest color and paint thin stripes horizontally and vertically.
- As you progress move on to lighter colors. In this particular design three colors have been used – Red, orange and brown.
- Overlap the colors one on top of the other to give it the plaid effect.
- You can paint the remaining nails solid colors and maybe even add a little glitter to them for effect!
Also Read:8 NAIL CLEANSERS THAT WORK LIKE MAGIC!
3. Fall Ombre
For these Thanksgiving nail designs 2016, we are going with the ombre look. It is by far one of the favorites, and with the right instructions, there’s no way you can go wrong!
- Once again we are going with the fall color palette.
- Using a sponge begin with the darkest color on your palette, in this case it would be the red.
- Since we have three colors on the palette – red, orange and yellow, divide it in such a way that each finger on the corner will be a solid color.
- As you can see in the picture, the pinky finger is full red, while the ring finger has begun the ombre process, with a slight tinge of orange.
- Continue the ombre process using a sponge to blend the colors.
- For a more autumn look, add a few sticker leaves on top!
4. A Taste of Glitter
What is life without a little bit of glitter? I sometimes wonder if I’m in fact a clone of Kesha!
- Always begin with a base coat, and for this particular Thanksgiving nail designs, you can go crazy and be spontaneous. Mixing and matching is sometimes really good!
- For the best glitter nail application, I suggest using a sponge for even coverage.
- Three glitter colors have been used here to build up this look.
- Begin with a gold base and add yellow glitter, red glitter and orange glitter to it!
- Finish with a clear top coat and you’re done!
5. Shimmer Rains
If you’re looking for simple and elegant Thanksgiving nail designs 2016 then I have the perfect one for you!
- Begin with a brown base coat. Remember, while using a dark base coat, to protect your nails from getting stained by using a clear coat underneath.
- While applying the glitter, for the rain/faded effect, start by dabbing a little glitter nail polish on the cuticles of your nails.
- As you feel the brush beginning to dry pull the glitter downwards, towards the tips of your nails.
- This will create a shimmery rain effect. You may need to apply a few more coats of glitter to get a stronger shimmer look.
- Don’t forget your top coat and you’re done!
Acrylic Nail Designs
You could always run down to your nail saloon can get these acrylic nail designs that are easy and gorgeous! Especially for when you don’t want to sport that short nails and prefer an elegant long nail look!
1. Shimmer and Nude
2. Glossy Autumn Leaves
3. Minimal Painted Leaves
4. Almond Beauty
5. Sun-Set Gloss
Toe Nail Designs 2016
Your look would not be complete without you painting your toes are well! Here are a few color ideas!
- Essie – Skirting The Issue 808 – $8.50
2. CND Vinylux – Sienna Scribble – $6.50
4. Essie – Playing Koi – $9.00
5. OPI – Bogotá Blackberry – $10.00
6. OPI – Orange You Fantastic – $9.50
Now that you have a few Thanksgiving nail designs in mind, go ahead and paint away! Maybe you can add those gorgeous nails to your list of things to be thankful for!