Homemade Anti Dandruff Hair Packs
Dandruff can quite annoying, not just because it looks disgusting but, also because it can be highly itchy and can dry down your hair. In many cases, it also leads to hair fall and premature balding. The worst part is the fact that, very often, no matter what shampoo you buy or what product you use, it never seems to leave you! This is why we have come up with some fun and easy DIY homemade anti dandruff hair packs.
6 DIY Homemade Anti Dandruff Hair Packs:
Oatmeal is quite delicious and very healthy. But, did you know that it is also perfect for your scalp?
- Take some oatmeal and cook it in a little water until it becomes soft.
- Smash it and make it into a paste
- Apply the pack all over your hair, especially your problem area (your scalp).
- Wash hair after 15 minutes.
2. Banana, Lemon, Honey and Oil
We all know how easy these four products are to get. They are readily available and quite a lot of people possess such ingredients in their homes.
- Smash two bananas and mix them with a tablespoon of honey, lemon juice, and oil, each.
- Apply liberally to the hair and leave for half an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly
3. Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil
Aloe Vera is known to have healing properties while tea tree oil contains anti-fungal properties. These combined make a deadly enemy to dandruff. This is why it is the perfect hair pack of all homemade anti dandruff hair packs.
- Take a large scoop of aloe vera gel, preferably a fresh gel.
- Mix it along with a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply it all over your scalp and massage it for about 5 minutes.
- Leave for 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
4. Fresh Curd, Lemon, and Honey
Curd consists of antibacterial properties that fight against dryness. It also reduces itchiness and soothes scalp sores. At the same time, when combined with honey and lemon, it combats your dandruff issue faster and quicker.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of curd with half tsp of lemon juice and a little honey.
- Apply liberally from the roots of the hair to the tips.
- Leave for 15 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo.
5. Eggs and Coconut Oil
Amino acids that are present in an egg, strengthen the roots of your hair while, coconut oil fights dandruff.
- Mix 2 eggs with coconut oil and whisk it together.
- Apply on the scalp and hair.
- Massage for 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it thoroughly.
6. Lemon, Green Tea, and Henna
Green Tea is great for dandruff as it exfoliates the scalp, getting rid of dandruff present. Henna, on the other hand, is anti fungal and anti bacterial. This makes it a great combination while lemon is great for the scalp and hair. This is the perfect hair mask for dandruff!
- Mix half cup of henna powder with half cup of fresh green tea.
- Let it soak overnight.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the concoction and apply liberally on the scalp.
- Allow it to sit in your hair for as long as you would like. The longer it stays, the better the color.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo, making sure that no powder remains.
There you have it! 6 Great homemade anti dandruff hair packs that are sure to leave your scalp dandruff free! Make sure you treat your hair to a soothing hair mask at least once a week, to ensure that your scalp remains healthy and happy!
Products That You Can Buy
1. Stopitt Medicated Anti-Dandruff Hair & Scalp Treatment
2. Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream
3. L’Oreal Hair Spa Purifying Concentrate For Anti-Dandruff – Pack Of 6 Ampules
4. Sulfur 8 Dandruff Treatment For Braids