Grocery stores are nowadays selling organic natural yoghurt and when compared to other dairy products like milk and cheese, observations reveal that yogurt for health has proven to be the best. As the popularity of yogurt is on the rise, one might wonder, ‘Is yogurt healthy to eat?’ There are many various health benefits of yogurt that one can gain by consuming it!
What Is Natural Yogurt?
Plain natural yogurt is not a product of milk. Plain yogurt benefits consumers by giving them a dosage of protein together with several other nutrients found in dairy based products. The benefits of eating yogurt include the important elements found in yogurt based food products include potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Such food items are also rich in vitamins like vitamin B-2 and B-12, making the product the best yogurt for probiotics.
What is Plain Yogurt with Probiotics?
Yogurt is synonymous with probiotics. Probiotics is a type of bacteria, present in the digestive system. These are considered good bacteria and some variants of the probiotics help to boost the immune system, helps the digestive tract to become healthy.
Plain yogurt probiotics help to regulate the digestive system when consumed daily for two weeks, as suggested by reports.
Plain Yogurt Health Benefits
1. Is Yogurt Good for your Stomach?
Studies reveal that yogurt bacteria benefits certain gastrointestinal problems. These include the following:
- Lactose intolerance
- Colon cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- H. pylori infection
The benefits of good bacteria in yogurt are thought to be due to the following:
- Time is taken for the food to pass through the bowel
- Increase in the body’s immune system
- The alterations in an individual’s gut-microflora
2. Plain Probiotic Yogurt Improves The Immune System
Probiotic curd benefits the immune system in the following ways:
- According to reports, benefits of curd probiotics help to cure inflammatory bowel disease by altering the intestinal microflora and also diminishing the immune system’s response or else the immune system can make the disease incurable.
- Yet another study indicates that probiotics help to enhance the resistance as well as recovery from infection. Surveys and researches conclude that in elderly people the duration of illnesses was lower that took a certain probiotic, which is found in fermented milk.
- In Yogurt, two primary probiotics are found, the lactobacillus and bifidobacterium. Both of them improved the success of drug therapy on individuals with H. pylori infections. In this context, it is pertinent to mention that H. pylori are a bacterium which causes stomach infections and infections in the upper part of small intestine. The bacterium can lead to ulcers and it can enhance the risk of developing stomach cancers.
3. Benefits of Yogurt for Women’s Health
One of the yogurt benefits for women’s health include those women with acute diabetes problems that suffer from vaginal infections. Researchers on these women reveal that consumption of healthiest yogurt frozen yogurt on a daily basis is helpful to treat vaginal infections.
Though the blood sugar control on most women is quite poor, the vaginal PH value of the group, consuming yogurt diminished from 6.0 to about 4.0. The normal PH value should be somewhere between 4.0 and 4.5. The women also reported that with the help of the bacteria in yogurt, their vaginal infections reduced to a considerable extent. However, those who refrained from consuming active culture yogurt have PH value close to 6.0.
4. The Benefits of Eating Curd for Osteoporosis
Yogurt helps prevent Osteoporosis. It is understood that nutrition is important to prevent diseases like Osteoporosis. Yogurt contains a number of nutrients like calcium, vitamins that help to increase bone density. Thus, one of the health benefits of yogurt is increasing bone growth, prevention of Osteoporosis.
However, the benefits of greek yogurt when compared to the benefits of natural yoghurt, do not offer as much of an advantage when it comes to calcium content.
Calcium is an important constituent of bones. The presence of calcium in bones helps to enhance the bone mass in individuals of all age group. Calcium, vitamin D help in bone growth.
To prevent diseases like Osteoporosis, sufficient amounts of calcium is very essential. For individuals in the age group of 51 and 70, bones become fragile and then adequate intake of calcium and vitamin D is immensely important.
For both young and old calcium is important. The young require nutrients for bone growth. The consumption of yogurt helps in bone growth. However, for the old, the bones become fragile and therefore consuming sufficient amount of calcium helps to make the bones stronger.
5. Is Yogurt Good for You and High BP?
Researchers reveal that increased consumption of dairy products lead to high blood pressure. To reduce the risks of high blood pressure, it is important to consume food, which has low-fat content. The benefits of low fat yogurt and other dairy products, which have low-fat content, is good for health. These products are known to lower blood pressure.
6. Why is Yogurt Good for You when You have a Cold?
For individuals who are prone to cold, eating yogurt every day helps to keep the cold away. The good bacteria in yogurt helps to increase the immune system so that the body can fight harmful bugs. Individuals suffering from an allergy can find relief by including yogurt in their diets and grasping all the many health benefits of yogurt.
7. Plain Greek Yogurt Benefits
benefits of eating greek yogurt is that it does not have that much sugar content and hence taking yogurt do not cause cavities. Moreover, the lactic acid present in the yogurt helps to protect the gums from damage.
8. Natural Yogurt Brands Vs. Healthy Probiotic Yogurt
The yogurt found in the grocery store are processed and pasteurized. Some are under the perception that the most healthy yogurt is organic natural yogurt, as it has beneficial probiotics and for that reason, they are good for health.
Pasteurization doesn’t kill the bacteria which has beneficial attributes. Some reports suggest that those eating raw yogurt do not have strong digestive or immune system. Sometimes, consuming raw yogurt causes a risk of food poisoning.
9. Greek Yogurt Health Benefits
One of the benefits of eating greek yogurt is that it contains high protein. The amount of protein present in greek yogurt is higher that the amount present in plain yogurt.
10. What is the Healthiest Yogurt for Weight Loss
Other benefits of nonfat greek yogurt is that its consumption helps to relieve hunger. The calories in natural yoghurt and in greek low fat yogurt offers fullness when compared to other snacks.
Yogurt is available in different forms of snacks.
- There is a form of yogurt that is drinkable.
- Flavored yogurts are available.
The yogurt snacks result in reduced hunger ratings and increasing fullness when compared to other snacks. Yogurt is a nutritious food item and it is a food item, which has a number of benefits. Other import health benefits of yogurt for a diet are:
- Carve your abs
- Reduce your body weight
Which is the Best Healthy Yogurt?
While purchasing the item from the store, the buyer needs to look at certain things so that he or she makes the ideal purchase. Per 6 ounce of yogurt should contain calories, fat, protein, calcium, vitamins, and sugar in appropriate proportions. The best yogurt brand in the market will possess the right ingredients in appropriate proportions.