In the past year, we got really used to wearing comfortable clothes. As we stayed more at our house, comfort became our priority when it comes to clothes. But now the weather is getting warmer and we are able to go out more often. Many women choose to wear dresses on hot summer days. A Dress is a great option for a comfortable outfit and one that will make you look good and sexy. But how do you pair a nice dress with some comfortable sneakers? In this article, we are going to share with you the guidelines to follow when you want to wear your favorite dress with trendy sneakers. Sometimes you can look at a dress and say that it’s impossible to pair it with sneakers but believe me there is magic in this combination that can make a dress completely different when you wear it with sneakers rather than heels or flats.
Sneakers came into the fashion world and allowed us to throw out every rule book we’ve ever known. These kinds of shoes are no longer considered footwear only for working, walking, or exercising. Sneakers can easily be incorporated into many different outfits. You should no longer worry about heels, where to pack them, and when to change them with more comfortable shoes.
It can be tricky to pair sneakers with a dress but if you follow these 5 simple steps you’ll be pairing them like a pro in no time!
- You can never go wrong with crisp white sneakers. This is the best investment you can make if you are going to combine them with a dress. The reason we recommend buying them is because white sneakers can easily be paired with both a solid colored dress and a patterned or striped dress. White sneakers are the same as black heels, it’s a must-have staple for every woman’s closet. The only problem with these shoes is that they can get dirty really quickly. That is why we recommend you to use an impregnation spray in order to keep the dirt away. Be careful with the socks too. The best option is white short socks for your white sneakers.
- But what happens when you want to wear colorful sneakers? Don’t worry, the combo of colorful sneakers with a dress isn’t impossible. If you wear colorful sneakers it is best to choose a neutral-colored dress. For example, if you have a pair of pink sneakers we’d recommend wearing them with a white dress. And again pay attention to your choice of socks. It may look insignificant but if you put ugly socks your whole outfit will lose its amazing look. Put on one colored short socks and you will be fine.
- In the sneakers and dress combo, any length of the dress will work. The more typical combination is a shorter dress because long dresses are altered for heels. However, many ladies wear long, short, and mid-length dresses with sneakers.
- The fourth tip when pairing sneakers with a dress is not about the dress or the sneakers. It’s about the socks, because as we mentioned earlier it is very important to match your socks with a cour outfit. We recommend you wear low-cut socks or no socks at all. If you are wearing low socks make sure they either match your sneakers or are a neutral color. The reason for wearing no socks or low cut socks is that it will make your legs appear longer, and it’s one less thing you have to match in your outfit.
- Our final advice is to pay attention to the occasion that you are planning to wear your dress and sneakers. Not all events are the right time to wear this amazing combo. However, if you are going out and you want to feel comfortable and sexy, this is your best choice.
Today, wearing sneakers and a dress is completely acceptable on multiple occasions, such as an event, dinner, or even a night out! Many women leave their heels at home and wear sneakers most of the time out now.