Hair Spa At Home
With all the impurities in the air and the flat-out harmful pollutants, your hair is exposed to a lot of impurities and resultantly it loses its sheen and character. Retaining the goodness of shampooing and conditioning is very essential and to do just that, a hair spa at home is strongly recommended.
Even after getting chemical treatments for the hair like straightening and smoothening, regular hair spas are advised to be done so that your hair regains its natural flair and texture from time to time.
A hair spa at home is the latest trend in hair care and being the newest thing on the block, it can also be quite expensive every time you need one. However, there are a few ways you can get a hair spa yourself in the comfort of your home using completely natural products which will only benefit your hair.
Best Products For A Hair Spa At Home
An avocado conditions your hair deeply leaving it shining and soft. It also promotes hair growth for long hair.
- For an avocado based hair conditioning mask, you will need to make a paste of two avocados and add a small amount of honey in it.
- Detangle your hair and apply the mask to your hair starting from the roots, gently down to the tips.
- Leave it in for 20 minutes and wash your hair after with a mild conditioning shampoo.
- Your hair will be smooth, silky and in the long run, it will prevent hair damage.
Also Read: Bad Hair Day? Say No In These 10 Steps!
It is common knowledge that eggs are an excellent conditioner for the hair. It stimulates growth along with making the hair stronger from the roots.
- For an egg mask, take the contents of one egg and add a liberal amount of coconut oil to it.
- Apply it all over your hair like a mask and wrap your hair in a warm towel afterward.
- After about 30 minutes of leaving it in, wash out the mask with a mild conditioning shampoo.
- Always remember to wash off the egg mask with cold water so that the hair does not retain the egg smell.
Bananas help hair retain their natural elasticity and prevent split ends from forming.
- For a banana mask, pick a ripe banana and add an egg white, some olive oil and blend it well.
- Apply this mask all over your hair and wash it off after 20 minutes with a mild conditioning shampoo.
Just like the bananas, strawberry is a great conditioner for chemically treated hair.
- To make the mask, blend strawberries, olive oil, and an egg white and apply it all over your hair right from the roots to the tips.
- Leave it in for 20-30 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
A mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and water is excellent for softening your hair instantly and controlling unwanted fizz. It is the easiest and fastest way to treat your hair to a hair spa at home!
- Take equal portions of water and apple cider vinegar and mix them to dilute the vinegar.
- Pour the contents into a spray bottle and spray it over your hair.
- Leave the sprayed vinegar in for 5-10 minutes and follow up by washing your hair with a shampoo and conditioner.
For exceptionally dry and damaged hair, cucumbers are a great choice.
- Take 4 pieces of sliced cucumber; add an egg white and a dash of olive oil.
- Blend the contents and make it into a paste which you can apply on your hair.
- After leaving it in for about 5 minutes, wash it off with a mild conditioning shampoo.
7. Milk and Honey
Milk and honey make for a universal conditioning mask that suits all types of hair. It is also great for your health when consumed!
- Pour one big tablespoon of honey into one glass of raw milk.
- Pour this into your hair in small portions while constantly massaging it into your scalp down to the tips of your hair.
- Let the hair soak in this goodness for 15 minutes.
- Which you can wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Also Read: Get Perfect Hair Curls With These 8 Rules!