Acupressure therapy is an ancient chinese pressure points treatment that involves healing with pressure point therapy. These pressure points follow channels, also known as meridians. These channels are also used in tinnitus acupuncture treatment (alternative medicine).
What is Acupressure Treatment?
Chinese acupressure is the way of healing which involves applying pressure at certain meridian body points to cure the pain. In this context, it is pertinent to mention that the human body has, in total, fourteen meridian points. These acupuncture acupressure points are responsible for the flow of energy throughout the body.
How Pressure Points Work
In acupressure classes, the pressure points have immense significance. These points can be a cluster of nerves, sensitive areas of ligaments, muscles, tendons, veins and blood vessels. Martial art is an old art form, used mainly for self-defense purpose. The martial artists use the pressure points to inflict maximum pain while fighting with their opponents. Physical therapy pressure points are used for therapeutic purposes and are highly important for acupressure education.
One of the important constituents of Chinese medicine is acupressure, which is used for the treatment of pain.
This treatment has a number of benefits which are described as follows:-
- The energy flow throughout the body affects an individual’s emotions, the person’s thought process, the way he or she breathes and so on.
- Negative thoughts block the normal flow of energy whereas the positive thoughts enhance the healing power of the humans. The energy blockages occur at the acupressure points. Acupressure treatment augments the immune system, it helps to 1) release tension, 2) reduce pain, 3) increase blood circulation, 4) it helps to gain spirituality and health.
- Unlike acupuncture for back pain, which uses a needle for the treatment of pain, acupressure for the back uses finger pressure on selected spots on the meridian.
- These therapeutic pressure points, not only relieves pain but also helps the patients to enhance their sexual reproductive system, augment their appearance, cure emotional pain and all this for better health and beauty.
Also Read: SECRETS FOR BEST METABOLISM NOW REVEALED!
Is Acupressure Effective? Do Pressure Points Really Work?
Pressure point treatment has proven to be quite effective especially with using ancient Chinese techniques or Japanese acupressure techniques. Deep tissue treatment is said to be the most effective among all pressure point healing treatments.
Other Acupressure Uses
Firstly, body acupressure uses the finger’s healing touch to relieve pain. The body energy is believed to flow through meridians or pressure points located in the body.
Using medical pressure points, acupressure’s healing touch helps to maintain good health, balance the body energy. Such therapy increases the body’s resistance to diseases and contributes to the wellness of the body.
2. Better Love-Life
Observations reveal that acupressure therapy is better for sex as it helps in lovemaking, it increases sexual pleasure and sexual endurance. Apart from boosting the love relationship, acupressure therapy helps to increase spiritual awareness
3. Less Wrinkles
Acupressure courses will teach you to increase blood circulation to the face as it helps to tone the facial muscles and this helps to reduce facial wrinkles without the need for drugs or surgery.
The therapy helps to relieve the congested areas, increase the flow of blood to the faces, relaxes muscles. It helps to dispose of harmful toxins, enhancing the exterior facial appearance.
4. Shiatsu Acupressure to Relieve Back Pain and Tension
The acupressure therapy identifies the pressure points located on the back side, spine and it helps to relax the back muscles.
5. Healing Trauma and Emotional Pain
Acupressure tools not only relieves the physical pain but it also helps to cure the emotional pain. Emotional stress, negative feelings prevents the free flow of energy through the different pressure points located in the body.
Acupressure training will teach you to release tension, ensure a free flow of energy throughout the body.
6. Over All Well-Being
Individuals choosing to stay fit, healthy without taking medicines as drugs can have severe side effects. Health conscious individuals look forward towards a simple, yet effective way to stay fit. The acupressure therapy is an ancient therapy that identifies the pressure points in the body and then applying pressure by touching to relieve pain, increase blood flow throughout the body, relaxes muscles, disposes of harmful toxins and enhance the facial appearances.
7. Relieves Pain
Body ache, back ache are common problems which individuals may face. Such issues arise if the blood flow through the different parts of the body is inadequate or there is an obstruction in the flow of blood. The acupressure therapy identifies the pressure points within the body, the force applied on these pressure points help to normalize the blood flow and thereby relieving pain.
8. Release Muscular Tension
Muscular tension can be due to strain in the muscles, irregular flow of blood to the muscles. For all this, the acupressure therapy is effective to locate the pressure points. It then helps to cure muscle aches, also helps to normalize the flow of blood and energy.
9. Promotes Proper Circulation of Blood
For a healthy mind and body, it is important that the circulatory system functions properly. A healthy circulatory system helps to transport blood to different parts of the body. If there is an obstruction in the path of the circulatory system then at that point, one experiences, pain and body ache. The therapy helps in identifying the pressure points, it eases the flow of blood, thereby promoting proper circulation of blood. You can also use acupressure for nausea in the same manner.
10. Reduces the Need for OTC Drugs
Lastly, Allopathic medicines are harmful as they have severe side effects. Acupressure is a healthy way to heal the body, mind and that too without the need for drugs. The therapy is all about finding the pressure points in the body, applying pressure gently using fingers. This method eases the blood flow and relieves the body from pain.
Other Important Benefits of Acupressure Treatment
1. Firstly, te treatment therapy relieves stress, anxiety, and tension.
2. It improves sleep.
3. Relaxes the muscles, joints.
4. Reduce issues concerning digestive system.
5. Minimize headaches
6. Effective to treat an injury caused as a result of the sporting activity.
7. Helps to cure chronic pain.
8. For health conscious individuals, the acupressure therapy helps to improve health.
9. The therapy, when used in the face, helps to increase the blood flow and thereby make an individual’s appearance attractive.
10. Lastly, the treatment does not involve surgery, neither it involves consumption of drugs, it is regarded as a safe treatment method to alleviate pain.
Precautions and Warnings
It is important to understand that not all pressure points are safe to use force. There are some points (especially acupressure eyes pressure points) where applying pressure causes undesirable effects and can aggravate a condition.
If one is suffering from certain conditions then it is better to avoid some pressure points and for that one needs to consult acupressure practitioners or acupressure doctors to understand which pressure points are safe for the therapy.
If one works with the correct acupressure points then the therapy is effective.
Acupressure and Pregnancy
Acupressure is considered as a safe way to treat some conditions in a woman like morning sickness in times of pregnancy. However, not all the acupressure points are safe to use for pregnant ladies. It is recommended to consult a naturopath prior to undergoing an acupressure therapy.
How to do Acupressure and Points to Remember
1. Firstly, it is better to apply pressure slowly and gradually.
2. While giving acupressure for hands one needs to avoid applying pressing on wounds, cuts, and tumors
3. The standard duration for applying pressure at the pressure points is three minutes. It is important to apply pressure slowly.
4. It is recommended that people suffering from some disease hold acupressure foot points gently. In this context, it is imperative to say that acupressure helps to enhance the health but it is not a substitute for medical treatment. If there are severe medical problems then it is better to consult a doctor.
5. It is recommended to breathe smoothly, slowly and deeply. Post application of pressure on the acupressure points, deep relaxation is necessary.
6. While acupressure is a safe method to treat pain but it is not always effective in treating many medical conditions. Individuals suffering from certain diseases require consulting a registered medical practitioner for treatment purposes.
7. The normal human body has a number of pressure points through which energy flows unhindered. If a person is diseased or suffering from a medical condition then the flow of energy through the different points may get adversely affected.
8. The use of pressure at the points, particularly using fingers help to alleviate pain caused because of the different medical conditions.
9. Acupressure therapy helps to enhance an individual’s health. However, use the therapy carefully.
10. Lastly, not all the pressure points are suitable for acupressure therapy. Applying pressure on specific points can lead to adverse effects. Therefore, it is recommended to consult a physician prior to applying pressure on the various pressure points.
Get An Acupressure Certification Online
Michael Gauch acupressure expert offers a few acupressure training courses online where you can learn acupressure and learn the various acupressure shiatsu pressure points for back pain and pressure points for hormonal imbalance.