Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Organic apple cider vinegar has been used by people for many years due to its various uses and benefits. These apple cider vinegar home remedies can benefit your oral care, hair, and mainly your health. Apple cider vinegar organic contains a congealed appearance due to the fact that it contains mother of vinegar (a substance added to wine or cider to convert it to vinegar). Due to the many benefits of apple cider vinegar, it is used in salads, chutneys, and many other food items.
What’s in Apple Cider Vinegar?
Natural apple cider vinegar contains apples, bacteria, yeast, and acetic acid-forming bacteria. The process of making apple cider vinegar entails crushing the apples and extracting the juice, allowing the juice to ferment and then converting the cider into apple cider vinegar.
Although ACV can be made at home, it is a lengthy process to follow.
Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
There are many organic apple cider vinegar benefits for the health, house, and hair. Before starting any diets or therapies, take a good look at this apple cider vinegar benefits list that is mentioned below:
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses for Health
ACV health benefits are numerous in number. From drinking apple cider vinegar for weight loss to treating diabetes, the health uses for apple cider vinegar can be experienced by all, regardless of one’s age.
1. Yeast Infection Treatment (Candida)
Any type of yeast infection can be harmful to the body, especially if it becomes an internal growth. Using apple cider vinegar you can get rid of yeast infections like Candida.
- Add 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar to your daily diet.
2. Acid Reflux and Heartburn Treatment
Since apple cider vinegar contains high levels of probiotics and enzymes, it can help combat any type of acid reflux and heartburn that you might experience on a daily basis.
- 1 Tbsp of ACV with water and drink it 5-10 minutes before eating.
3. Sunburn Relief
One of the uses for apple cider vinegar is that it can help soothe a sunburn, giving you nearly instant relief. It can also help your skin grow back healthier and faster.
- Place it raw over the burn (OR)
- Mix one cup of apple cider vinegar with your bath and soak in it for some time.
4. High Blood Pressure Treatment
Another one of the uses of apple cider vinegar is that it can help lower high blood pressure. Although, keep in mind that this is not an instant remedy, rather a long term solution.
5. Toenail Fungus Treatment
Raw organic apple cider vinegar contains amazing antibacterial and antifungal properties which can help combat even the worst toenail fungus.
- Apply it on the infected area twice a day, mixed with coconut oil, as the benefits of coconut oil can help cure it faster.
6. Best Medicine for Sore Throat and Cold
The vitamins present in all natural apple cider vinegar cures colds, sore throats and can even help cure nasal congestion.
- Add 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Drink this thrice a day.
7. Spider Vein Treatment
Another one of the benefits of apple cider vinegar is that it can help treat spider veins or varicose veins as it contains anti-inflammatory properties and also improved blood circulation. This might not be a long term solution but it can provide temporary relief.
- Soak a medical bandage in apple cider vinegar and wrap it around the infected area. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes and then remove and rinse.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar for Digestion
The benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar include a calm digestion. A simple apple cider vinegar drink benefits your stomach by soothing it.
- Mix together ginger, ACV, and water to create a smoothie. Drink this when you get an upset tummy.
9. Fatigue Treatment
An excessively hard workout can leave you breathless and extremely tired. Apple cider benefits by acting as the antidote to the excessive lactic acids produced.
- Mix 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. Drink this after your workout.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
A detox is necessary for the body, whether in the form of a detox smoothie, a detox diet, or a detox drink. This will help the body get rid of toxins that are bad. One of the effects of apple cider vinegar is that it can help the body to detox properly.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Detox:
- Mix 1½ glass of water, 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 3 Tbsp Lemon juice, 1½ tsp cinnamon, 1½ tsp honey. Drink this twice a day, 20 minutes before breakfast and dinner.
11. Weight Loss Apple Cider Vinegar
A study found that an apple cider vinegar diet drink helps reduce weight by reducing one’s craving for sugar and through the above-mentioned detoxification.
- Combine your apple cider vinegar weight loss drink with high-carb meals to reduce your calorie intake for the day.
12. Metabolism Booster
Apart from helping you reduce weight and increase your stamina, one of the health uses for apple cider vinegar is that it can help increase your metabolism, making sure that you are burning calories faster.
- Mix 1 Tbsp of ACV with a glass of water and drink it every morning.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar for Diabetes
One of the effects of drinking apple cider vinegar is that it can balance one’s sugar. The acetic acid found in ACV can help regulate the insulin release in one’s body, thus helping diabetic patients.
- Add apple cider vinegar to your daily diet, either in the form of a drink or part of your salad dressing/ cooking.
14. Poison Ivy Remedy
One of the best medical kits to carry with you on your camping trip is an apple cider vinegar bottle. Organic vinegar benefits in a poison ivy situation as it contains anti-inflammatory properties and can draw out the poison.
- Soak a brown paper bag in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the infected area.
15. Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema
Eczema can cause horrible rash and inflammation. The pH level in apple cider vinegar provides the perfect contrast, as well as inflammatory properties to help prevent eczema. However, it is to be noted that eczema is such a disease where no two patients are the same.
- Test a small patch with organic cider vinegar. If the results are positive you can go ahead and use it on all patches.
16. Apple Cider Vinegar for Allergies
One of ACV benefits is that it provides great support for your immune system. This, in turn, prevents you from experiencing any type of seasonal allergic reaction.
- Drink 2 Tbsp of Apple cider vinegar mixed with water every day.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin, Face, and Oral care
Organic apple cider vinegar remedies can help with oral, facial, and skin care. Most of these treatments are external treatments, although an ACV drink benefits these areas as well.
17. Apple Cider Vinegar Wart Removal
This treatment may not work with all people, depending on the size and density of a wart. However, if it does work then it is one of the healthiest, cheapest and easiest ways to remove a wart. This treatment using the benefits of apple cider vinegar can take up to one week, rarely longer.
- Apply a nice thick coat of apple cider vinegar and place a band-aid over it. Leave it overnight.
18. Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne
Much like how it works on eczema, you can also use the benefits of apple cider vinegar on acne. This consists of all types of acne – cystic, non-cystic, on the face, on the neck, and on the back.
- Apply apple cider vinegar on the acne marks directly, or mix it with your face wash.
19. Whiten Teeth at Home
Why bother with a treatment at the dentist (which can harm your enamel) when you can whiten your teeth at home using raw apple cider vinegar.
- Rub some apple cider vinegar on your teeth for about a minute. Rinse it away.
- Gargle your mouth with ACV every day.
20. Bad Breath Remedy
Bad breath can the side effects of a yeast infection. Whether it is caused by that or any other health problems, the benefits of apple cider vinegar can help cure it, restoring your breath to freshness.
- Gargle using apple cider vinegar and water.
21. Best Natural Deodorant
Bad body odor is the effects of bad bacteria and fungal growth. The benefits of apple cider vinegar will not only change your body odor but will also eradicate the root cause behind it.
- Rub a little bit of apple cider vinegar on your armpits and other areas where your body might be emitting a foul odor.
- Mix 1 cup of ACV in your bath and soak in it.
22. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath – Skin Detox
One of the main benefits of ACV is that it provides an overall skin detox when mixed with lavender. This can help cure all fungal growth.
- Mix 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath with a few drops of lavender essential oil.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair
Conditioning your hair with organic cider vinegar is a popular home remedy used by many people around the world. But, what can the benefits of apple cider vinegar actually do for your hair?
23. Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Shine
An apple cider vinegar hair rinse can increase the shine of your hair. It acts as a natural conditioner to be used after you shampoo.
24. Apple Cider for Dandruff
Another one of the benefits of apple cider vinegar is that it can prevent and cure dandruff of the scalp.
25. ACV for Scalp Fungus
The benefits of apple cider vinegar are also great for scalp fungus. It is exceptionally powerful when it is combined with tea tree oil for scalp issues.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair
As mentioned earlier, ACV can be used as a conditioner after your shampoo.
- Mix 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar with water and rinse your hair with it. Do not attempt to wash it off after applying it.
Other Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
Apart from the health, skin, hair, face, and oral uses, the benefits of apple cider vinegar also extend to your household requirements.
26. Apple Cider Vinegar Cleaning
The properties of apple cider vinegar make it apt to use as a household cleaning spray. The plus point in this is that it is the perfect baby proof item to have as it is also edible, without any side effects!
- Mix 50% water and 50% ACV in a spray bottle and it’s ready to be used.
27. Home Remedies for Fleas
Whether it is your house of your pets that seem to be infected with fleas, the best way to get rid of them is to use apple cider vinegar.
- Mix 50/50 of water and apple cider vinegar in a tub and wash your pet in it.
- Place raw apple cider vinegar in a flea trap, the same as our fruit fly trap technique.
Apple Cider Vinegar Products
Here are some of the best apple cider vinegar products in the market right now:
1. Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
This organic vinegar is made using the mother of vinegar and healthy apples. It is completely safe to consume and has a truly authentic taste to it.
2. Best Naturals Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules
These capsules containing apple cider vinegar are great for digestion and for weight loss too! This is an alternative to a natural home remedy, with the plus point of not spending time with measurements.
3. Natural First Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Finishing Rinse
This particular finishing conditioner contains the goodness of apple cider vinegar and green tea. ‘Natural First’ has many apple cider vinegar finishing conditioners combined with other products for added advantage.
4. Freeman Facial Apple Cider Vinegar Clay Mask + Scrub
This clay mask and scrub is the perfect end-of-the-day routine to avoid acne and other facial damage. It is easy to apply and remove. It is slightly perfumed and has tiny microbeads (not a harsh grit).