Beauty has evolved over the many centuries but, what has not changed is the fact that most of us do not know how to obtain this “Oh! So perfect stature.” This is why I have put together 10 DIY beauty hacks that will absolutely turn your life upside down. Beauty can be this easy!
10 DIY Beauty Hacks
1. Acne Be Gone!
While buying your face wash, check for ‘Salycilic acid’ in the ingredients. It is this ingredient that fights against acne.
2. Broken Nail
You’re two days away from your big event and ‘SNAP’ goes your nail! Trust me when I say that I know the pain of a broken nail. Worry no more! Fix your broken nail with the help of a tea bag and some nail glue.
- Just cut a piece of a fresh tea bag and place it on your cleaned nail.
- Apply nail glue over it and allow it to dry.
- Apply a clear coat and then design it as you wish!
3. Natural Ombre Lips
Want to perfect that ombre look on your lips?
- Apply a lighter shade of lipstick on the area near your cupid brow and one the inner side of your lower lip.
- Apply your darker shade on the rest of your lips.
- Blend with a lipstick brush
- Seal with a clear gloss for a glossy look
4. Tame Your Hair
Baby hair does tend to stick up, no matter how much you brush it down. Get rid of this problem with these DIY beauty hacks:
- Use a toothbrush with a little hair spray to tame your fly-aways!
- Set your hair with a hair dryer while it’s still wet.
5. Longer Lasting Nail Polish
Chipped nails after just three days? No one has time to reapply a fresh coat every few days.
Try applying a clear coat every other day to make your polish last longer.
6. Blackhead Remover
Are pesky blackheads ruining your whole look? Get rid of them with baking soda and milk. This is the perfect DIY beauty hack of all DIY beauty hacks!
- Mix 1Tbs Baking Soda and 1 Cup of Milk.
- Apply to your face and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your face.
7. Longer Lasting Eyeliner
Liquid and gel liners tend to fade away very fast. To prevent this, apply a layer of eye shadow, of the same color, over the liner. This will ensure longer lasting eyeliner.
8. Set Your Curls
Invariably, people with ultra-straight hair find it a major problem when they attempt to curl their hair. It either doesn’t set or stays for a very short period of time.
Solve this problem with these DIY beauty hacks:
- Use hair spray both, before and after you curl your hair.
- Spray your curling wand and your hair with hair spray and then curl.
9. Curl Your Lashes
Sometimes even your eye lash curler just doesn’t seem to work as well as you want it to.
Try heating your curler with a hair dryer and then curl your lashes. This works on the same principal as any heat appliance like a hair dryer or straightener.
10. Makeup Sealer
If you live in a country like mine, you will understand that heat and humidity are not good friends to makeup. Drippy makeup is not fun at any time, and this is why I suggest getting a good makeup sealer or you could make your own!
1/4 cup witch hazel
1/2 cup rose water
Mix and empty in a spray bottle for easy application.
Tip: Check your makeup in different lighting before heading out for the day. Some makeup may look perfect indoors but, maybe too light absorbent out in the sunlight.