Just like the same hairstyle doesn’t suit everyone, each face shape demands a different perfect brow shape. Different eyebrow shapes complement different faces differently. The perfect brow shape will make you look fresh, young, healthy and all the more attractive and how to find eyebrow shapes completely depends on the kind of face shape you have and then find the best eyebrow shape for your face.
Eyebrow beauty is responsible for some of the major looks over the ages because they have the ability to frame the face and make your eyes appear lifted and expressive. Celebrities like Cara Delevingne, Emilia Clarke, and Lily Collins are hailed for having some of the best eyebrows ever, they have made natural eyebrows the new cool. However, it is important to keep in mind that eyebrow shapes for faces differ depending on the dimensions and symmetry of your face.
Eyebrow Shapes for Different Faces
Let’s take a look at some of the most suitable eyebrow shapes for face shapes that are different:
1. Eyebrow Shapes for Oval Faces
Oval faced women have a wide forehead, protruding cheekbones, and narrower chin. If your face falls into this category, you’ve hit the jackpot, since shaping your eyebrows is going to be easy as almost all eyebrow shapes work well for you. Celebrities like Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, and Julia Roberts have oval faces.
The perfect eyebrow shape for people with this face shape is the classic high arches and soft angled eyebrow shapes.
The soft angled shape has angles with soft curves, and the brow peaks aren’t sharp but they are subtle and soft. While the high arched shape has a high and sharp peak at a sharp angle which helps to open up the face and give it a sexier look.
2. Eyebrow Shapes for Long Faces
The forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are all about the same width in a long face and the face gradually tapers to a narrow oval chin. Sarah Jessica Parker’s face is a perfect example of a long face.
The aim is to make a long face appear shorter. Hence the best brow shape will be a flat eyebrow.
Flat shape brows will add a bit of width to the face thus balancing out the length. Also, elongate the tails of the brows as this will draw things horizontally.
3. Eyebrow Shapes for Round Faces
A round face is characterized by wide cheekbones, almost equal length and width of the face and a full rounded jaw line. Emma Stone, Mila Kunis, and Cameron Diaz have round faces.
The best eyebrow shape for a round face will make the face appear less rounded and make it appear longer. The best eyebrow shape for round face is high, sharp arches, as a high arched brow will provide a vertical point on your face lifting your face upwards.
4. Eyebrow Shapes for Heart Shaped Face
A heart shaped face has a broad forehead that gets really narrow at the bottom where your chin and jawline are. The face is widest in the middle where the cheeks are. Zooey Deschanel, Ashley Olsen, and Scarlett Johansson are great representatives of heart shaped faces.
Brow shaping for a heart face maybe a little tricky since the focus is already on the eyes and forehead. However, the best eyebrow shapes for a heart face are ones that are straight or rounded but not too heavy.
Avoid keeping your brows too bushy as the best eyebrows for your face will be groomed brows to balance out the petite chin and jawline.
Brow Shaping Guide for Thin Brows
While thick eyebrows may totally be in trend now, not all of us are blessed to have them. So, for the girls with naturally thin brows who have a weaker eyebrow growth, we bring you some eyebrow shaping tips to get the perfect eyebrow shapes for thin eyebrows:
- Grow eyebrows out to their full potential.
- Figure out your correct brow shape depending on your face shape.
- Brush them upwards to prep for trimming.
- Trim the extra hair that lies just above the brow.
- Use your tweezers and pluck the extra hair surrounding your brows.
- Brush all the hair in the same direction.
- Use an eyebrow shaper such as a brow pencil or brow powder to fill in your brows with small soft strokes.
- To finish off with great eyebrows, use a clear brow gel or a tinted one that matches your hair color to get tinted eyebrows.
How to Shape Brows That are Thick
Now for the lucky ladies blessed with thick, luscious eyebrows, there is a myriad of thick eyebrow shapes to give you the best-shaped eyebrows. All you need to do is to figure out an eyebrow design that flatters your features best, and you are good to go.
Below we have listed a few eyebrow grooming tips on how to shape thick eyebrows to help you achieve your best brow shape without making any blunders:
- The first step to getting beautiful eyebrows is to leave them alone for a while. Let them grow out to their full potential such that you can see your natural shape.
- Find the eyebrow threading shapes ideal for your face shape by drawing out the shape using a liner.
- Now give yourself an eyebrow makeover by trimming eyebrows on the outer sides of your shape.
- It’s time to start threading your eyebrows, carefully and gently, you can use an eyebrow threader as per your convenience. Either a plucker, threading or eyebrow waxing techniques.
- Do it in natural daylight and do not use a magnifying mirror. Start by plucking the stray hair at the beginning of your brows and then move towards your arch and finally up to the end of your tail. Remember, precision is the key, do not overdo it.
- Use a cooling gel to calm any irritation and tighten the pores.
How to Shape Your Eyebrows Perfectly
If you find yourself unable to decide on a face shape for yourself, another easy hack to get your correct eyebrow shape involves a lining pencil and any thin brush.
- Place the brush on the top-side of your nose, straight up. This will be the beginning of your brow. Use your liner pencil to mark it.
- Looking straight ahead, angle the brush so that it passes over the outer side of your pupil. Mark this point on your brow. This becomes the area where your arch should be formed.
- Angle the brush further so that it is now passing over the outside corner of your eye. This marking will become the end of your brow.
Best Way to Shape Eyebrows
The best way to shape your eyebrow entirely depends upon you and what you are most comfortable doing. Here are some eyebrow trimming appliances that are used:
- Plucking/ Tweezing: Using a tweezer to remove any excess small hair growth, outside the shape. It is slightly painful but is easy for an at-home eyebrow trim.
- Eyebrow Threading: Using a cotton thread and an ancient method that is used most often when it comes to getting your brows done at the parlor.
- Eyebrow Waxing: This new trend of shaping your brows is much like waxing any other part of your body. However, we do not recommend that you try this at home without professional guidance as the face is a sensitive area, and if the wax is too hot, you might burn it.
- Eyebrow Shaving: This is yet another at-home technique. However, do not try this if you’re not confident. It can result in ingrown hair or bald brows.
How to Get Perfect Shaped Eyebrows
Now that we know of all the grooming eyebrows techniques, there are also some women who face the problem of having very little brow growth or no eyebrows at all, either due to medical conditions or sparse and slow growth of body hair.
Today, there are a variety of quick fixes and long lasting solutions for eyebrow enhancement to improve the appearance of your brows temporarily or even permanently.
Eyebrow sculpting using your best eyebrow shaper such as brow pencils, powders, waxes, and gels is the easiest way to get fuller looking brows in your perfect brow shape.
The plus points of brow make up are instant results and affordability. Eyebrow experts suggest the use of waterproof, smudge proof and transfer proof formulation to get HD eyebrows.
2. Eyebrow Tattoo
One way to get permanent eyebrows is to get an eyebrow tattoo. The tattooing process accentuates your arches using fine, hair like strokes and although you may need touch ups over time, the results are practically permanent.
It is recommended to do an extensive research before deciding on these eyebrow services or any type of permanent makeup look.
3. Eyebrow Transplant
These eyebrow implants are a surgical outpatient procedure. It is performed under a local anesthetic by the eyebrow specialist, and may approximately take about 3-4 hours. Every single brow hair is implanted at the correct angle and direction, and this results in the best brows of shapes and thickness you desire.
4. Microblading Eyebrows
Microblading brows is definitely one of the biggest eyebrow ideas that has emerged recently. It is a form of tattoo artistry where the pigment is implanted under your skin with a natural handheld tool, instead of a machine.
The procedure is semi permanent and results may last up to 3 years depending on the skin and lifestyle of the patient. The microblading cost is anywhere between $700 to $800.
Eyebrow Trimming and Cosmetic Products
Here are some of the best eyebrow trimming and cosmetic products that you can find in the market:
1. Best Wax for Eyebrows
This Sally Hansen microwavable wax can be used for your brows, lips, and any area of your face. It is not only amazing when shaping your brows but is also perfect for removing that peach fuzz.
2. Mini Wax Strips for Brows
These waxing strips by ‘Parissa’ offer you precision for your brows and lips. Although these may not be perfect for the shaping, it is great for your finishing, to make sure you haven’t missed any spots.
3. Best Eyebrow Tweezer
These eyebrow tweezers by ‘Tweezer Guru’ offer precision and minimal effort. They are stainless steel and claim to leave no scar marks.
4. Eyebrow Blades
These blades are highly recommended to be used for your brows as they offer precision and are not too harsh on the face. The design is such that you can get a better look at where you are shaving when compared to a regular shaving blade.
5. Eyebrow Pencil
This eyebrow pencil comes with a contoured edge that can give you the closest natural eyebrow appearance possible. It is easy to use and can stay up to 8hrs using a setting spray.
6. Eyebrow Tint Kit
This eyebrow tint can last up to 2 months and longer. However, it is advised to apply a thin layer of vaseline around your eyebrow shape so that you avoid any tinting mishaps. This tint can also be used to add color to your hair roots and lashes.
7. Brow Gel
This brow gel comes with tiny micro fiber hair that fills in your brows for a fuller thicker look. It can stay on for days on end and practically requires only 2-minutes to apply. It is also waterproof and smudge-proof.
8. Eyebrow Stamp
Eyebrow stamps first began as a quick solution to your daily 5-minute eyebrow routine. All you need to do is stamp it on. However, the pre-formed eyebrow shape may not be the best shape for your face.
9. Eyebrow Stencil
Not all eyebrow stencils are meant for your face, thankfully, NUOLUX understands our plight and offers a pack of 24 different shapes of eyebrows. You can choose which stencil suits your eyes and face. These stencils can be reused and as easy to use as they are flexible (made out of plastic).
10. Eyebrow Contouring Kit
An eyebrow contour kit is essential for perfect eyebrows. This particular kit by ‘Aesthetica’ comes with 6 blendable shades, 5 eyebrow stencils, setting wax, a cream concealer, a mapping guide and a visual guide of different brow shapes, and a tweezer.