Unconventional Eyeshadow Hacks
Your daily routine might involve using that nude eyeshadow just to neutralize your skin tone. However, there are ten other ways that you can use your eyeshadow to enhance your features, that don’t involve your eyes! These eyeshadow hacks will even help you save on other expensive makeup products!
Why Go Gaga Over This Hack
- Eyeshadows offer a wide variety in color, thus, giving you the option of choosing to match your natural hair color or skin tone.
- It is basically buying one product instead of 10.
- It is easy to apply.
- As it can be used on one of the most sensitive parts of your body (eyelids), it is safe to use on other parts as well. However, avoid licking your lips if you use it on them.
Method 1. Eyebrow Enhancer
Ran out of your daily eyebrow enhancer? Fret not! Just use some eyeshadow!
- Just wet your brush and apply the eyeshadow.
Method 2. Shimmer Lips
The glitter lip trend exploded on Instagram a while ago. But, quite a few of us have been lagging behind because we just cannot afford that expensive glitter primer.
- Apply your lipstick as usual.
- Use a little gloss on the area where you want your lips to shimmer.
- Take a thick amount of eyeshadow and apply it over the gloss.
- Take some lip gloss or balm and melt it.
- Scrap some eyeshadow from your palette and add it to the melted product.
- Mix it well and pour it into a case.
- Once it is cool, it is ready for use!
Method 3. Nail Color
So you finally found the perfect shade of nail polish but, you just realized what the price is. Yikes! Not to fear, eyeshadow hacks are here!
- Mix your eyeshadow till you get the perfect shade.
- Mix this with some clear polish and apply two coats!
Method 4. Rainbow Hair
You may have this dream of one day coloring your hair. However, you’re not really sure if you want to commit yourself to living with colored hair for a long period of time. On the other hand, hair chalk is quite hard to get your hands on and it dries down your hair immensely!
- Dampen your hair and add a few spritz of hair spray to it.
- Apply your eyeshadow on your hair and seal it with some more hairspray.
- You can apply a single or double coat of color (as required)
Method 5. Contour
A contour palette can be quite expensive and a stick may not be the best option in a humid area. Opt for a matte eyeshadow instead!
- Use your matte eyeshadow how you would a powder contour.
Method 6. Wing Liner Perfection
If only we had a way to draw the wing with something temporary before we tried it with our liner! This eyeshadow hacks is kind of like using a pencil before trying a pen!
- Use a thin brush with a light eye shadow to help mark out your wing.
Method 7. Blush
Getting that perfect rosy look is important. After all, you don’t want to end up looking plastic.
- Use a little eyeshadow in case you run out of blush.
Method 8. Hairline Cover
We all know how depressing it can be to see your precious hairline recede. While you try to grow that hair back, you can hide your bald spots using just a little eyeshadow.
- Apply a similar shade of eyeshadow on your hairline.
- You can also use it in the parting of your hair to make your hair appear fuller
Method 9. Highlighter
Let’s admit it ladies, highlighters are gorgeous but equally expensive! Not all of us can actually afford to buy both highlighter and eyeshadow. So, why not get one and use it for both?
- Use the nude shimmery eyeshadow in your palette as a highlighter.
Method 10. Concealer
Dark spots can be a huge deal if your concealer tube is empty! Use this easy eyeshadow hacks instead.
- Apply your foundation or moisturizer as usual.
- While it is still wet, dab some nude eyeshadow onto your spots.
- Allow it to dry completely before touching it.
- You can also go crazy at your costume party and use purple or blue shadow for your brows.
- Use this to color the rest of your face for a more dramatic effect (the mermaid look).
- Contour your collar bones using eyeshadow.
- Mix it with a little bit of clear mascara for colored lashes
*Disclaimer: The hacks mentioned are built on the author’s study. The author and page are not responsible for any injury.