Coronavirus has crippled the entire world. From businesses to education, gyms, malls, religious places, industries, construction works, social gatherings, everything has come to a standstill. However, we can hope that everything will return to normal, and we will be able to celebrate Halloween 2020 with joy and laughter.
In this blog, we will share some simple crafty tips on How to go from silly to scary. We will also share the difference between a lace front, and non-lace front wigs, why non-lace front wigs are an excellent choice for a silly, campy, or funny Halloween look while lace front wigs are suitable for a scary horror look and the Halloween wigs myths. Let’s get started.
First of all, let us understand the difference between lace front wigs and non-lace front wigs.
What are lace front Halloween wigs and non-lace front Halloween wigs?
A lace front Halloween wigs are the wigs with a thin, nearly invisible lace material to which hairs are tied. The outcome is a very natural looking hairline and the illusion that the hairs grow from your scalp. It is hard for the people to find whether you have worn the wig or not.
Whereas, the non-lace front Halloween wigs or regular wigs look more like a full head of faux hair. You can simply put this wig on your head, brush, and spray a little, and you are ready to roll!
Besides, most lace front Halloween wigs are made using human hair or light natural-looking synthetic hair. This will make wigs light and comfortable. On the other hand, Regular wigs are capped full of synthetic hair.
If we talk about the price, regular Halloween wigs are comparatively cheaper than the lace frontal wigs. You can easily find the regular or non-lace frontal wigs at almost every cosmetic or online website.
In contrast, being expensive, lace frontal Halloween wigs are hard to find. Most of the cosmetic stores or salons don’t stock lace front wigs. Also, there are limited varieties of lace frontal wigs compared to regular wigs in the market.
In the next section, we will understand why non-lace front wigs are an excellent choice for a silly, campy, or funny Halloween looks while lace front wigs are suitable for a scary horror look.
Why Should You Choose to Lace Front Halloween Wigs?
There are 3 primary reasons one should choose lace front Halloween wigs over regular or non-lace front wigs.
1, Realistic look: It is a known fact that hair strands of the lace front wigs are attached to the wig cap in a way it doesn’t appear outside. It’s almost invisible. So, people can’t find out whether it’s real hair or the wig.
2, Style Versatility: In lace front Halloween wigs, you can part your hair anywhere without worrying about the base. This gives you an opportunity to flaunt multiple hairstyles. Besides, as there isn’t the simulation of a hairline at the nape, lace front wigs can be worn in a very realistic half ponytail, low ponytail, or side ponytail.
3, Breathability: Compared to regular wigs, lace front Halloween wigs are comfortable and easy to carry for long hours. As the lace material of the lace front wigs is so sheer and smooth, it allows the scalp to breathe.
For all these reasons, lace front wigs are perfect for Halloween. It enables you to wear multiple scary hairstyles with the utmost ease and comfort. Lace front wigs look very natural so that people can’t differentiate between the real hair or the wig. Besides, lace front wigs can also be used as men’s wigs.
In the next session, we will learn 5 common myths associated with Halloween wigs.
5 Myths About Halloween Wigs
There are many Halloween wigs myths in people’s minds. Some people think that wigs can reduce hair growth, while others believe that it affects skin health. Here, we have debunked the top 5 wigs myths. Take a look.
Myth 1. People will find about the wig
No, people can’t! If you have worn lace front wigs, it is hard to find whether it is real hair or fake. The lace front wigs give you a realistic look.
Myth 2. Wigs are hot and uncomfortable.
False. It solely depends on the wig material. Wigs with wefting and breathability are easy and comfortable to wear.
Myth 3. Wigs are not versatile.
False. You can wear lace front wigs in multiple ways without being worried about the scalp view. You can part the hair wherever you want.
Myth 4. Human hair wigs are better than synthetic wigs.
True. However, human hair wigs are costly. Remember, each type of wig fiber has its own unique benefits.
Myth 5: Wigs prevent hair growth.
False. Wigs do not affect hair health or skin health. The cells that allow hair to grow will continue to function underneath your skin while wearing a wig.
Next, we will understand some methods on how to go from silly to scary with simple makeup tips.
3 Easy Methods to Wear A Scary Makeup For Halloween
It is not Halloween if you don’t look spooky! After all, it’s a festival to confuse demons by dressing up as evils. Isn’t it? Below we have shared 3 easy methods to wear scary makeup. Take a look!
1) Fake scar using makeup: Spooky scars can be an alternative to the expensive Halloween costumes. For that, you just need to follow the below steps:
- Gather the supplies like scar colored makeup and liquid collodion. Collodion used in special effects makeup.
- Test the material intensity before the actual makeup.
- Clean the area where you want to put a scar makeup and imagine the scar pattern.
- Apply the liquid collodion. For a more realistic effect, you can apply the collodion multiple times.
- Apply the makeup over the top or underneath your collodion scar.
You can also make the scar with the ready-made gelatin. Remove the scar once the Halloween party is over.
2) Fake cut using makeup: Just like a fake scar, you can make fake cuts using makeup too! Just follow the below steps.
- First and foremost, clean the area where the fake cut will appear.
- Chalk out the cut pattern using eyeliner.
- Use the bright red lipstick or fake blood to add the ‘blood’ effect.
- Apply the shiny lip gloss over the fake blood/lipstick to make it fresh and realistic.
- Apply a little brush of the red hue around the cut to make it appear sore.
Use matte makeup; shimmery or metallic makeup won’t look realistic!
3) Fake wound with makeup: The fake wound is a pro-version of fake scary makeup! All you need for the fake injury is
- Cotton balls or swabs
- White glue
- Cocoa powder
- Red food color
- Fake blood
- Mix the red food color and glue into a bowl.
- Add some cocoa powder to darken.
- Tear the toilet paper or tissue paper into small pieces.
- Clean and dab the area where you want the fake wound with glue.
- Place a few tissue pieces on the glue.
- Mold and make the shape of tissue in a pattern that looks like a scar.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder around the edges to darken the wound.
- Spray the fake blood all over.
We are damn sure that this avatar of yours will haunt people for years!
Conclusion: Remember, you don’t have to buy expensive Halloween costumes to look scary on Halloween eve. Even simple makeup tricks can do the job. A fake scar, a fake wound, or a fake cut on your face will definitely grab more eyeballs than the $60 costumes. Besides, you can use the lace front Halloween wigs to give you a more realistic look. Happy Halloween!!