Whether you have Rapunzel-like hair or have short hair and you don’t care, hair is one of the most noticeable parts of every girl. It is related to beauty and femininity, quite often. That is precisely why a perfect hairstyle/hairdo along with a gorgeous dress makes all the difference while creating an evident fashion statement.
There’s no denying is this fact that nature has been a great source of beauty solutions for decades. Every plant is said to bless us with its endearing properties. Some have been blessed with the power to filter out the toxins from the air, that we breathe and are known as air-purifying plants. While some others belong to the other kind called medicinal plants which are blessed with some medicinal properties and are widely used to prepare some allopathy and homeopathy medicines. Some herbs of the latter kind can also help in home remedies. Below, we have mentioned a few of such herbs which helps to treat various hair-related issues that one faces, from dry scalp to baldness to hair fall.
- Gingko Biloba – One of the oldest plant species to grace its presence on Mother Earth, Gingko Biloba is native to China. It is so old that some refer to this plant as “living fossil”, in itself. Gingko comes from a Japanese word called ‘Gin Kyo’ which means silver apricot. Other than having anti-aging properties and preventing hair loss, this herb helps in curing Alzheimer’s disease, and reduced blood circulation to the body and brain.
- Aloe Vera – This air purifying plant is said to be the mother of all goodness. Its thick gel-like leaves help to cure any kind of skin irritation and to treat burns and skin wounds. But in case of solving hair-related issues, aloe vera strengthens our hair and make our scalp healthier. It is also said to improve the condition of damaged, dry hair.
- Rosemary – Widely used in essential oils, rosemary is a healing herb, which is native to the Mediterranean region. It is said to help in promoting hair growth for hundreds of years now and prevent hair fall. Other than encouraging hair growth, rosemary is also beneficial in treating blood circulation, inflammatory or nerve-related issues.
- Peppermint – Want to increase the number of follicles, follicle depth, and overall hair growth? Then, this is the herb meant for you. It is said that peppermint oil, when massaged and left for 5 minutes in scalp promotes hair growth during the growing phase. So, having a peppermint plant at home can surely solve hair growth-related issues, for sure.
- Lavender – When it comes to treating hair-related issues, this herb, in particular, has become everyone’s favorite. It is said to stimulate hair growth in humans by growing thicker, bushy hair. It also helps in treating pattern baldness or alopecia.
So, these were some herbs which help in healing hair-related problems. Bring these beauties home and say goodbye to hair-related problems. Hello, happy hair!