Dandruff, the annoying white flakes, is not only uncomfortable but shrinks ones confidence too. What removes of dandruff quickly without any harmful effects?
The answer is simple! Natural treatments for dandruff are safe and more effective in removing flakes out of your hair than chemical based anti dandruff shampoos and oils.
What causes this dandruff?
Dandruff can be caused by various things. The scalp oil makes the skin cells to come together and appear as white flakes.
It could also be caused due to a dry scalp skin (seborrheic dermatitis), allergy or sensitivity to certain hair products, eczema, psoriasis, fungus infection, etc.
There are drug store remedies for dandruff available such as ketocanozole to fight fungus; salicylic acid to tease the falkes; Zinc pyrithione to remove bacteria and fungus, etc.
However, if you are looking for cost effective and natural treatments to avoid dandruff, then try our safest and best home remedies for dandruff and hair fall.
6 Natural Treatments to Get Rid of Dandruff Include:
1. TEA TREE OIL
The efficacy of tea tree oil in treating dandruff and dry scalp is undeniable because this is backed by science. Even a 5 percent tea tree oil shampoo can effectively get better the dandruff severity.
Exceptionally high rate of skin penetration, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti fungal properties makes it one of the best natural remedies for dandruff.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff Quickly:
- Massage few drops of tea tree oil into the scalp and hair
- Comb your hair through to the ends, leave on overnight and wash it off the next morning to get rid of dandruff in one wash
- Alternatively, you can add few drops of tea tree oil to your desired shampoo as you wash usually.
2. COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil is the best oil for treating dandruff. Warm coconut oil is readily absorbed by the scalp and it can make a way deep into the epidermis to work from inside.
The medium- chain fatty acids with regenerative properties serves as best dandruff treatment at home. It can remove dandruff naturally, in combination with rosemary essential oil.
How to Use Coconut Oil as Natural Dandruff Treatment:
- Warm one tbsp of coconut oil and apply it directly on washed and dried hair with your finger tips
- Massage it for at least 5-10 minutes; let it sit for about one hour and shampoo as usual
- Alternatively, you can put on a shower cap and leave it overnight on scalp. Shampoo normally the next morning. This home remedy for dandruff and hair fall can be tried once a week for a month for best results.
3. ALOE VERA
Aloe vera is a natural cooling agent for body and hair. Apart from being antibacterial and antifungal, it has the natural ability to break down proteins, including dried and dead skin cells on the scalp.
This exfoliating property of aloe vera makes it an excellent home remedy for dandruff flakes and itchy scalp.
How to Soothe Dandruff Itch with Aloe Vera:
- Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze out the gel into a clean bowl
- Apply it directly on your irritated and dry scalp
- Leave it on for 15- 20 mins and rinse it normally with a gentle shampoo
- The cooling property of aloe vera relieves the dandruff itch
Dandruff may be also caused due to scalp pH imbalance. The acidity of lemon helps restores the pH balance of the scalp and thus successfully cures dandruff.
In addition, lemon has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help fight dandruff causing bacteria and fungus quickly and naturally. Many hair and scalp specialists consider lemon as one of the easiest dandruff home remedies.
How To Use Lemon To Reduce Dandruff:
- Simply massage 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice gently with your fingertips for 5-10 minutes for faster dandruff relief
- Also, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice into 2 cups of plain water and wash your hair with it. Repeat this every day to treat dandruff completely
- Alternatively, you can add 1 part of lemon juice to 4 parts of coconut oil (conditioning agent) and apply it on the scalp. Let it sit on scalp for 30 minutes and then wash it with a mild shampoo to cure dandruff and itchy scalp.
Ordinary table salt is abrasive in nature and this property serves as a natural scrubber. It can easily scrub out the stubborn dandruff flakes in few minutes. However, before you begin scrubbing, ensure that your scalp is completely dry.
How To Get Rid of Dandruff Flakes Easily At Home:
- With a salt shaker, shake some salt on your flaky scalp
- Work it through your hair and massage the scalp gently for about ten minutes
- Wash off the dry white flakes with normal shampoo.
Henna hair pack can be used to remove dandruff from hair permanently at home and also for natural colour, conditioning and healthy hair growth. Henna has the capability to bind to keratin, the hair protein, and develop a natural shielding layer.
Besides, the goodness of henna relaxes the irritated scalp. It makes the hair little dry by reducing the scalp oil. This property makes it a natural cure for dandruff. However, you can add lemon juice, coconut oil or olive oil, curd, etc. to the antidandruff henna hair pack.
How To Use Henna Hair Pack for Dandruff Control:
- Make a henna paste with water and let it soak overnight
- Apply the henna hair pack for dandruff removal, the next morning. Ensure to apply from roots to tips
- Leave the paste on scalp for 1-2 hours and wash it with a mild natural shampoo that is free from any harsh chemicals
- If your hair is dry, follow it with a mild conditioner.
Clear dandruff the natural way by using true, tried and tested home remedies. Natural dandruff treatments help you get rid of dandruff gently and quickly without causing any adverse effects.
Products That You Can Buy
1. Stopitt Medicated Anti-Dandruff Hair & Scalp Treatment
2. Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream
3. L’Oreal Hair Spa Purifying Concentrate For Anti-Dandruff – Pack Of 6 Ampules
4. Sulfur 8 Dandruff Treatment For Braids