Tummy fat is a stubborn opponent in the battle of the bulge and what we’re about to share with you is not particularly earth-shattering or even new. But it is brilliantly effective.
If you’re trying to get rid of that belly fat, we imagine you’ve already incorporated more fruits, veggies and nutritious foods into your diet, which is great.
But what we have here, is a list of some the most fabulous and effective foods for getting rid of that tummy fat. In fact, even though you probably already have them in your pantry or fridge, we think you need to know more about what makes them so amazing when it comes to weight loss and why you should definitely be eating more of them, more often.
Avocados have become very popular in recent years, their versatility makes them the perfect addition to any weight loss diet.
At this point, it’s worth noting that, if after serious diet and exercise you’re still struggling to move that excess flab around your stomach area, there could be other issues, such as weakened abdominal muscles.
In this case, your tummy fat problems may not be fixable through diet alone and it may be time to consider alternatives such as a tummy tuck.
The abdominoplasty can help the skin appear younger, tauter and firm in appearance, as well as removing some of the stretch marks which could have formed due to pregnancy or weight gain.
- Avocados are a great source of soluble fibre which helps reduce visceral fat by helping suppress your appetite.
- Though high in fat, avocados contain monounsaturated fat (That’s the good stuff).
- This particular fruit (yes, avos are a fruit) are low in carbohydrates which helps promote weight loss as part of a healthy diet.
- Avocados are used as a replacement to butter, lowering the number of bad fats in your diet.
Banana’s tend to get a bad rap because of their high sugar content. As a consequence, there’s a good chance you treat them with some suspicion but we’re here to reassure you that when eaten as part of a healthy diet they’re not only full of great nutrition but also a natural sweetness that makes them difficult to ignore.
- The banana is high in fibre, making them great as part of a weight loss diet.
- Though they are high in natural sugars, banana’s offer great alternative to snacks loaded with refined sugar and saturated fat.
- Bananas great for fuelling pre-workout and post-workout recovery.
- They’re loaded with potassium which, though not directly connected to weight loss, is important because, well, life wouldn’t be impossible without it.
A traditional addition to any diet, yoghurt is a complex creature given the plethora of choice and different levels of goodness.
Make sure you choose a yoghurt full of probiotics which studies suggest can help reduce tummy fat by reducing the number of calories we absorb from our food. At the very least, it makes a healthy and delicious, dessert, snack or breakfast food.
There’s lots of ongoing research into the benefits of probiotics, with scientist finding evidence of health benefits ranging from aiding in mental health issues to eczema. It’s a fairly new area of study but indications are strong that with further study we may even be able to harness the benefits of probiotics to cater to our individual health needs.
- Packed with protein, which aids in weight loss as part of a healthy balanced diet.
- Full of probiotics for gut health which is essential for digestion.
- Contains significant amounts calcium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, vitamin B-12, riboflavin and pantothenic acid which make them great as part of a healthy diet and as a replacement for junk foods, such as ice cream.
- Plain low-fat varieties are great eaten alone or added to fresh fruit, and this is probably the best way to integrate it into your weight loss plan.
Served without the addition of ice-cream or sugar, berries are great for getting rid of tummy fat as they are high in antioxidants and other nutrients.
There are many types of edible berries out there, from the raspberry to the cranberry, all packed full of fibre and other amazing nutrients. Try as many variations as you can, pop them on your cereal or make yourself a fuel-packed berry smoothie.
And if you needed any more persuading about how amazing berries are, there’s also research connecting a grape and blueberry-rich diet to the prevention or delay dementia, contributing to healthy ageing
- Berries are a delicious low-calorie addition to your weight loss diet.
- They are high in water and fibre content but low in fat, helping you feel fuller for longer.
- Berries contain flavonoids, naturally occurring compounds which occur in fruits and vegetables and have been linked to weight loss.
- They are packed full of healthy calories (some studies suggest that it’s the type of calorie, not the amount that affects weight loss).
Yes, we all know that an apple a day keeps the doctor away and one of the reasons may be that apple aids in the maintenance of a healthy weight when eaten regularly, as part of a nutritious, well-balanced diet. In order to get the most from the nutrition and fibre in your apple make sure you eat them fresh and whole.
- Apples have a high water content that lowers their energy density considerably, which essentially results in fewer calories.
- They are a high fibre food, which slows digestion and keeps us fuller for longer.
- Apples have a low glycemic-index which helps with weight management by keeping our blood sugar levels balanced.
- This fruit is a super easy snack food that you can grab as soon as hunger hits rather than reaching for those unhealthy treats.
Incorporating this five fabulous food into your diet should help combat those evening snacking habits as well as stop you reaching for those soft, doughy, white rolls at lunch.
Eating food that makes us feel full for as long as possible and with great nutritional content is essential for getting rid of that extra tummy fat. But don’t stop there, when it comes to fruit and veggies you should add as much colour and flavour to your diet as possible.
In 2018, an Australian women’s’ health survey found that more than a quarter of women aged 18-50 either, did not have time to prepare or eat healthy foods or were not motivated to eat a healthy diet.
Well, we think our 5 smart foods are an example of how convenient nutritional eating can actually be. And though they really are fabulous, this list is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to amazing, tasty, weight loss enhancing and nutritious food, that takes minimal if any, preparation or effort and could quite possibly change your life and your stomach.