There are two types of castor oils – yellow and black castor oil. While many people prefer using your general cold pressed castor oil, it is black castor oil uses and benefits that will actually leave you quite astounded. Another popular term for black castor oil is Jamaican black castor oil, the only type of black castor oil there is. Using black castor oil for hair and skin is the best and only treatment you will ever need.
What is Black Castor Oil
Apart from the coloring differing from organic castor oil, another unmistakable difference is the smell of black castor oil. It is also thick in comparison, making it hard to remove. However, do not allow this to cloud your judgement as Jamaican black castor oil benefits not just the hair and skin, but, also your overall health. It even works better than your cold press castor oil.
Black castor oil contains many various anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and healing properties. although there are many more benefits, it is widely known for treating hair fall, and regrowing hair.
Castor Oil Cold Pressed
Castor oil, is the oil that is extracted from the seeds of the castor plant. It is slightly yellowish in color, and is sometimes clear in color. The process of pressing the seeds at high pressure to extract the oil is known as the cold press method. This generally allows the oil to remain in it’s most pure form, undiluted by impurities. When compared to Jamaican oil, it’s smell is distinct yet subtle.
Castor oil is used for many reasons, however it is only natural for us to assume that the clearer the oil, the better it is. Having said that, it is important to keep in mind that this is the exact opposite in the case of all castor oil – the clearer the oil, the more the additives.
Difference Between Castor Oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Black Castor Oil
|Black in color||Pale yellow in color, sometimes clear|
|Extremely thick||The more refined, the thinner it is|
|pH Alkaline level is much higher||pH Content is moderate|
|Roasted, crushed and boiled||Extracted, cold pressed|
|Burnt seed odor||General castor odor|
|Hard to obtain||Easy to find|
|More expensive||Affordable price|
|Stronger benefits||More benefits|
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Pure Jamaican black castor oil, is unlike any other type of castor oil that you can find. The color is derived, not because it is in its pure form, but rather the opposite. This ancient method of extracting oil first began in Jamaica, thus, it gained the name Jamaican castor oil.
To obtain this type of black Jamaican castor oil, the beans of the castor plant are roasted, crushed, and then added to water. This mixture of ash and water is then slowly boiled on wood fire to get the perfect, thick, black castor oil.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Benefits
There are many benefits of castor oil for hair and skin. Although there aren’t many benefits for pure Jamaican black castor oil when compared to pure castor oil, where health is concerned, there are still a few benefits mentioned below:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair
About 80% of the people who use African black castor oil, use it it for the various hair benefits. Take a look at all the castor oil benefits for hair that this wonder oil has to offer:
1. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Loss
Black castor oil is the best castor oil for hair loss treatment as it contains various nutrients and omega-3 fatty acids that strengthen the roots of your hair. It also stimulates the blood flow, ensuring that the nutrients reach your hair follicles.
Castor oil for hair loss treatment:
- Mix Jamaican castor oil for hair with olive oil and smashed avocado.
- Apply the mask to your hair for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly using a mild shampoo.
- Do this twice a week.
2. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Using castor oil for hair growth has been an age old treatment passed down for ages. However, many people have found that the best castor oil for hair growth is not natural castor oil, but, using Jamaican black castor oil hair growth treatment which stimulate growth and also reduces hair loss. Black castor oil helps hair growth through an acid present in it (Ricinoleic acid). This acid is extremely necessary for healthy hair and skin.
Castor oil treatment for hair growth:
- Mix Jamaican castor oil for hair growth with jojoba oil and a few drops of peppermint leaves.
- Massage this into your scalp and leave it for 30-40 minutes.
- Was off with a mild shampoo.
- Use this nourishing treatment twice a week for long hair and fast growth.
3. Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Regrowth
Do you suffer with Traction Alopecia, a disease that causes your hairline to retract? You can use organic Jamaican black castor oil to regrow hair and avoid further damage.
Best castor oil for hair regrowth treatment:
- Take a few drops of Jamaican black oil and apply it to the edges of your hair everyday.
- Allow it to sit overnight and wipe the excess away in the morning using a tissue or cloth. Do not wash it away!
- Do this for two weeks to see results.
4. Black Castor Oil for Baldness
You can even use castor oil for balding hair. Although this has not been scientifically proven, many people have claimed that it has even helped cure bald spots, causing fresh roots to grow!
Jamaican castor oil for baldness treatment:
- Mix coconut oil and black castor oil and slightly warm it up.
- Massage it on your bald spots and place a hot cloth over it.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse.
- Do this as often as possible but not more than once a day.
5. Black Castor Oil for Thinning Hair
The omega fatty acids present in black castor oil provide nutrients and vitamins that help strengthen your hair follicles and thicken your hair. This is especially useful for People with split-ends, hair breakage, and thin hair.
Jamaican black castor oil treatment:
- Mix half a cup of black castor oil with one cup of water.
- Use this as a leave in conditioner, after you wash your hair.
6. Black Jamaican Oil for Soft Hair
castor oil black not only strengthens your hair but also nourishes it making it soft, shiny, and healthy. The best use of Jamaican black castor oil for natural hair is that it moisturizes your hair, perfect for dry curly hair.
Black castor oil hair treatment:
- Deep condition your hair once a week using egg yolk and warm Jamaican hair oil.
7. Black Castor Oil Scalp Therapy
Black castor oil can be used to cure many scalp issues like dry scalp, dandruff, scalp infections like scalp fungus, acne, etc. It also helps balance scalp pH, which releases the amount of oil in your scalp.
Black castor oil for scalp treatment:
- Mix equal amounts of mustard oil, jojoba oil, and Jamaican black castor oil and apply it to your scalp.
- Massage it and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
8. Castor Oil Jamaican Black for Lashes and Brows
Black castor oil can even help grow long and thick eyelashes and eyebrows.
Black castor oil hair treatment for brows and lashes:
- Make a mix of aloe vera gel and black castor oil and store it.
- Apply it liberally on your eyelashes and eyebrows every night just before your sleep, using a mascara wand.
Uses of Castor Oil for Skin Care
As it contains Vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties it is easy to say that there are numerous black castor oil benefits for skin.
1. Black Castor Oil Skin Moisturizer
Black castor oil has the ability to retain moisture and give you dewy, glowing skin. You can use it to treat dry skin on a daily basis.
- Mix black castor oil and coconut oil and massage it into your skin..
2. Black Castor Oil for Face Acne
You can use black castor oil on face to treat severe cases of face acne. However, be sure to dilute it and not use 100% pure castor oil to avoid getting an oily face.
- Add a few drops of castor oil to your acne.
- Leave it overnight and wash it with a face wash that contains salicylic acid.
- Do this twice a week.
3. Black Castor Oil Skin Care
A few drops of black castorl oil can be placed on insect bites, corns, ringworm, eczema and other skin rashes to cure and heal the damaged skin.
- Apply a few drops of Jamaican black castor oil on the infected area.
- Place a band aid over it and leave it overnight.
4. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Chapped Lips
If you have chapped and bleeding lips then you can use a little bit of this wonder oil to cure it. In fact, this is a good way to break the habit of biting your lips, as black castor oil does not have a very pleasant taste.
- Just rub a little bit of black castor oil on your lips, instead of your daily chap stick.
Health Benefits of Castor Oil
There are many Jamaican castor oil benefits for your health. These uses for castor oil cover internal and external use.
Black Castor Oil for Internal Use
Using black castor oil internally can be one of the best things to do. However, swallowing a spoonful of castor oil is not an easy task. Combining it with a juice is the best way to grasp it’s internal benefits.
1. Black Castor Oil Laxative
Jamaican castor oil can be used to cure constipation. It acts as the perfect natural laxative.
- Just mix a teaspoon of black castor oil in your daily beverage.
2. Jamaican Oil for Digestive Ailments
Black castor oil can help soothe symptoms of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), bloating and pain due to gas, and other digestive ailments. You can use this type treatment either internally or externally:.
- Mix one teaspoon of Jamaican black castor oil with a juice and drink it.
- You can also rub some oil on your stomach and lower back for pain relief.
Black Castor Oil for External Use
Using black castor oil is much better than using it for internal use simply because you avoid having that taste in your mouth.
1. Muscle and Joint Pain Relief with Black Castor Oil
Rubbing a little bit of castor oil on your muscles and joint will help you find relief from any pain. This is especially useful for elderly people as it also provides proper moisture and nourishment to the skin.
2. Cure Insomnia Using Castor Oil
A few drops of castor oil placed on the eyes can help soothe your mind and relax the body. Allowing you to fall into a deep slumber.
3. Resolve Respiratory Issues with Black Castor Oil
Black Castor oil can be used to soothe your throat and lungs when you are suffering with a bad cold and cough. Just apply and gently massage it on your throat and nose.
4. Menstrual Cramp Pain Relief using Black Castor Oil
Menstrual cramps can be quite a pain (literally), and although there is oral medication that you take, it is not advised to do so. Using a simple combination of olive oil and Jamaican black castor oil, massage it onto your stomach and feel the pain ease away.
5. Black Castor Oil for External Hemorrhoids
If not treated for immediate relief, external hemorrhoids can even cause a person to faint with pain. Soaking a cotton ball in castor oil and applying it on the external hemorrhoid can provide immense relief.
6. Jamaican Oil for Cysts and Swollen Nodes
Take a cotton ball soaked in Black castor oil and place it over the infected area. Apply a bandage and a hot water pack over it. Leave it for one hour and then remove. You will notice that the swelling has considerably reduced and great relief from the pain.
Where to Buy Castor Oil Online
A few of the best black castor oil products that are available online have been mentioned below. Make sure that the brand you are buying from is well reputed so that you can avoid buying a rip-off of the real deal.
1. Tropic Isle Living – Jamaican Black Castor Oil
This pure black castor oil will help benefits your hair, skin, and health. It works best when heated a little and then applied. Since, black castor oil s very thick, it is recommended that you dilute it along with a carrier oil like – coconut oil, olive oil, etc, to avoid excessive rubbing of the scalp, when using it in your hair.
2. Tropic Isle Living – Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food
Hair food, as the name suggests, is food for your hair. It acts as a leave-in conditioner and a hair styling product. It provides nourishment for your hair that promotes hair growth and strengthens the roots of your hair.
3. Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Combination Pack
This combination pack comes with three products – a shampoo, a conditioner, and a leave-in conditioner. These Jamaican black castor oil hair products provides the ultimate hair therapy by giving you the benefits of Jamaican black castor oil, apple cider vinegar, shea butter, keratin proteins and peppermint oil.
4. Okay Black Jamaican Castor Oil with Vitamin E and Panthenol
Vitamin E is one of the best treatments for hair growth, apart from black castor oil. The combination of both these ingredients is said to not only strengthen your hair, but encourage hair growth on bald spots.
5. Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil Knot Free Forever
This product is a miracle worker for natural hair, and curly hair. It not only leaves your hair knot-free but also strengthens it and promotes hair growth. The fact that it contains black castor oil, can even help maintain frizz-free curls.
6. Dem Edges Tinted Edge Control
This black castor oil product provides the ultimate hair styling gel for people who suffer with traction alopecia. It not only helps stimulate grown but also provides an added tint to your hair while it grows, giving the appearance of fuller hair.
7. Eco Styler Black Castor & Flaxseed Oil Gel
This hair gel gives the perfect hold and is not crunchy to the touch. It provides amazing hair growth benefits as it is a combination of black castor oil and flax seed oil. Both of these products stimulate hair growth and give your hair a healthy bounce and shine.