Have you heard about Permanent makeup? It is something which is becoming very popular these days. Many women, including celebrities, are opting for this look. Why? The answer is simple, to hide that imperfection on their skin or to define their beauty.
Permanent makeup is a cosmetic technique that uses tattoos to make designs that resemble makeup, such as eye lining, eyebrow sketching, and permanent enhancing colors to the skin of the lips, face, and eyelids. It is also used to enhance the breast’s areola, after breast surgery.
Check any social networking site, and you’ll find a number of pictures of women who’ve undergone cosmetic procedures to get permanent eyeliner, tattooed eyebrows, or lip color pigmentation. Permanent makeup is becoming very popular, but the question remains. Is it actually safe?
Pros of Permanent Makeup
1. There are many advantages of Permanent Makeup. The very obvious one being that it is used to conceal skin imperfections such as surgical scars, stretch marks or skin conditions like cleft lip, vitiligo, alopecia, etc.
2. With this procedure, you can save time. For instance, instead of constantly using lip liner to create fuller lips, you can get the look of a subtly enhanced pout without wearing a liner.
3. The biggest advantage of permanent makeup is that nobody knows that you did it. It looks so natural!
4. Permanent makeup also helps those who are allergic to makeup, or those who have movement problem that makes it difficult for them to apply makeup.
Also Read: 8 Quick Fix Makeup Hacks To Save The Day!
Cons of Permanent Makeup
1. The biggest disadvantage of permanent makeup is the dissatisfaction with the result. What if you do not become what you had wanted and ended up looking horribly different after the procedure! This can be a nightmare for any girl.
2. Moreover, there are chances of blisters after the procedure. The technician should use a local anesthesia to numb the area like lips and eyes, where one false move can prove to be super risky.
3. Besides the mild pain after the procedure, side effects are common.
4. As this service is growing very popular, technicians with little or no skill and experience are offering this treatment. It is good to take precautions while choosing the right service.
5. If you are planning on getting permanent makeup done, remember the technician should have the eyes of an artist and hands of a surgeon. Ask him how many procedures he has done and what chemicals he will be using. Meet the people he had worked on before; take their feedback, for it will help you.
6. Don’t go for the procedure if you have the slightest doubt about the technician. Moreover, before you get this done; ask yourself an important question. Do you actually need it?
Also Read: 7 Makeup Dupes 2016 To Save Your Wallet !!!