Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
For many people using one pillow while being pregnant is nowhere even close to being enough. All said and done, a pregnant woman probably uses around four pillows on an average – one for the neck, a pregnancy back support pillow, a bump support pillow, a body pillow for hip pain and lastly one for the feet. But, why bother with all of that when you can just opt for a pregnancy pillow or a maternity pillow!
Being pregnant means having to carry close to 7.5lbs in your tummy at all times! This means that you can’t take off that weight at the end of the day when you crawl into bed. It also means that you will experience body cramps, back pain, and neck pain often while you sleep.
What is a Pregnancy Pillow?
A pregnancy pillow is a pillow for pregnant moms that is designed to support your neck, back, bump, and feet. It is pure, unadulterated comfort packed into one huggable product! It is designed to give you the best sleep that you can get while your tummy grows.
How Can We Sleep During Pregnancy?
A pregnancy body pillow is designed so that the woman can sleep in a half-fetal position, which is considered to be the healthiest position for pregnant ladies. In fact, the best sleep position during pregnancy is sleeping on the left side as this will increase blood circulation, helping all your body organs to function in a more orderly fashion
How Should a Pregnant Woman Sleep with a Body Pillow?
A few points to keep in mind while sleeping with a total body pillow for pregnancy are:
- Always sleep on your side, never on your stomach or your back.
- You may place a pillow between your legs for comfort. However, avoid placing a body pillow for pregnant ladies between your knees as it is too thick and will stretch your hips causing discomfort.
- Support your belly at all times.
- Sleeping on your left side is much healthier than sleeping on your right.
- Use a pillow for your neck to avoid snoring but, make sure that the pillow is not too high to avoid cramping.
- Hugging a full body pillow for pregnancy ensures comfort and calms the body, reducing stress but, avoid twisting your body to take the shape of the pillow.
What are the Benefits of Using a Pregnancy Pillow?
There are many benefits and advantages of a maternity body pillow. Here are a few:
- Blood Circulation: It helps improve your blood circulation as the pressure is distributed among the body equally.
- Body Pain: It reduces body pain as it is not too soft and not too firm but, just right! It is You can also use a pregnancy pillow for hip pain and back pain, as it is especially effective in such areas.
- Cures Insomnia: With a pregnancy sleeping pillow you need not worry about having to wake up and check if you are sleeping in the right position or not.
- Sleep Like A Baby: It helps you remain calm and avoid any unnecessary tossing and turning that could harm the baby and you.
- Lower Heart Rate: As it calms you down, it also lowers your heart rate, leaving n feeling of stress behind.
Elevated Feet: Many doctors recommend that you keep your feet elevated while you rest. The pregnancy pillow can help you do that.
Reduce Heartburn: Heartburn is common among pregnant women. A pregnancy pillow can help ease the heartburn.
Allergy Free: Most medication to relieve pain is not recommended by doctors during a pregnancy term. The pregnancy pillow cover is completely allergy free and will not cause any harm to either you or the baby.
- Sleeping Position: The pregnancy pillow ensures that you sleep on the side (preferably the left-side) to improve blood circulation and heart rate. A pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers is super useful as it ensures that you do not sleep on your stomach, which could harm the baby.
- Support for Front and Back: A pregnancy support pillow helps by giving you the proper support your back and bump required during your pregnancy. With the right amount of support, you are guaranteed a good night’s rest.
Post Pregnancy Cushion: Once you have delivered, you can continue to use the total body support pillow as a maternity and nursing pillow while feeding the baby or sleeping as it will provide you with support, ease, and comfort.
How Do You Use a Pregnancy Pillow?
- Get all the support possible in areas like your neck, back, bump, and hips.
- Place the pillow under your shin, so that the leg on top is at an equal height – your hip, knee, and foot must be on an equal level.
- Make sure your back is properly supported to avoid rolling onto it in the night.
Full Body Maternity Pillow Shapes
1. Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
A maternity wedge pillow is designed to provide support specifically to the baby bump. Some wedge pillows offer a double side wedge that gives support to the back and the bump.
2. U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
A giant U shaped body pillow gives you the option of snuggling up on either side. It provides support to the neck, bump, and hips.
3. V Shaped Pillow Pregnancy
The V shaped pillow for pregnancy provides comfort to either the bump, back, or neck. It can be used while sitting or sleeping.
4. C Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
The C shaped pillow elevated your neck and hips, while allowing your belly to rest. It even provides support to your back, making sure that you do not turn on to it.
5. S Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
The S pillow pregnancy is much like the U pillow but, it has an inner contouring for the body, offering support to the bump and back like a wedge.
6. L Shaped Pillow Pregnancy
A L shaped long pillow for pregnancy offers support to one side of the body and the neck. You can use it for either your bump or support for the back.
7. J Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
This organic pregnancy pillow can be used under the neck and alongside the body or in between the legs and alongside the body.
8. Pregnancy Belly Pillow
This pillow offers amazing relief to the back and belly. It supports only the area around the bump.
9. Maternity Cushion Ring
Using a donut pillow for pregnancy pain relief is a great solution to pain in your tailbone and legs while seated. It also promotes proper posture and blood circulation.
10. Wrap Around Body Pillow
A C shaped pillow or a U shaped pillow can act as a full body wrap around pillow as they hug the entire body, providing support to all necessary areas.
What’s the Best Pregnancy Pillow?
The Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow
The Snoogle pillow by The Leachco Pillow Company is considered to be one of the top rated pillows in the market at present. The Leachco pregnancy pillow or the Leachco snoogle total body pillow offers comfort of the highest order. It is a horseshoe body pillow that can be used in multiple ways during and after pregnancy. It provides the best support to the neck, bump, and back.
The Pregnancy Boppy Body Pillow
The Boppy pregnancy pillow not only offers comfort and is a multi-purpose maternity body support pillow but, offers a clean environment too. The Boppy maternity pillow case can be removed and washed, ensuring that you do not get any type of allergic reaction.
*Disclaimer: The information mentioned above is based on the research done by the author. Please consult with your doctor for a better view. The company and author are not responsible for any damage.