The Best Self Tanning Lotions in the Market
Do you envy the looks of people living by the beach? Are you afraid of tanning machine rays? To look like you have been kissed by the sun is every woman’s dream. Using the best self tanning lotions to achieve that perfect sun kissed look while avoiding UV rays is the perfect hack. In fact, there are so many cheap indoor tanning lotions available for fair skin and pale skin that won’t make you look like an ‘Oompa-Loompa’. Make your dreams come true with the best self tanning products and these honest self tanner reviews!
Top 10 Self Tanners Within the Budget
Choosing from the top rated self tanners is a difficult choice. That is why, with these reviews, you will be able to know exactly what these top self tanners can do and which one best suits you!
What’s the Best Self Tanning Lotion for Fair Skin?
- Dior Bronze Self-Tanner Natural Glow Body: This product lasts for four to five days and dries fast. Not just that, this is the best self tanner for fair skin as it blends really well, giving you a natural look!
- Tanceuticals CC Self Tanning Body Lotion: Say goodbye to tanning beds and all those nasty illnesses that come with using a tanning bed with this wonder product. This is the perfect self tanning lotion you will ever see thanks to it’s golden bronze look and the fact that it smells like the sun itself!
- Fake Bake Flawless Self-Tan Liquid + Professional Mitt: This is the best tanning lotion for when you are late and don’t really have much time. It is easy to blend and shows results practically immediately. Just ten minutes and you are good to go!
The Best Tanning Lotion
The best tanning lotion that you can find will be easy to apply and will give you a smooth, natural finish. Based on these criterias, we have created a list of our top tanning lotions.
- Rodan + Fields Essentials Foaming Sunless Tan: This is the best sunless tanning lotion that you will ever get! While it dries fast, it is also the perfect gradual tanner for people who prefer a light coverage rather than an obvious look.
- Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer: Much like the Rodan + Fields Foaming Tanner, this new sunless tanner by Jergens moisturizes your skin and gives you a natural gradual tan. Remember to use this while you are still wet, just after your shower.
- Kardashian Sun Kissed Instant Sunless Mousse: This self tanning mousse is one of the best instant self tanner mousse you will find. And, not because it has the name Kardashian on it! This of the Kardashian perfected “sun kissed” look before judging this product by its name.
- St. Tropez In-Shower Gradual Tan: If you’re wondering what’s the best self tanner on the market, then look no further. This is the best self tan product you will ever find, simply because the idea behind it is so intriguing. Imagine getting tanned while having your shower!
- First Aid Beauty Slow Glow Gradual Self-Tanning Moisturizer: This self tanning product is the leading tanning moisturizer as it contains coconut oil, vitamin E, mango seed butter, shea butter, and aloe vera. Get healthy skin and a golden bronze look with this self bronzing lotion.
- Sun Laboratories Ultra Dark Self Tanning Lotion: If you look a dark tanned look this this is the best dark tanning lotion you will ever find! Mind you, this is a miracle worker as it does not give you an orange look but an even, smooth tanned look!
- Kiehl’s Sun Free Self-tanning Formula: This may not be the leading self tanner 2016, but it sure has managed to rank on our list of the best tanning products. This is easy to apply and gives the ultimate natural self tanner look you could ever get!
What’s the Best Indoor Tanning Lotion?
There are three other best indoor tanning lotions for fair skin which ought to be mentioned on our list. These have grown to be the best lotion tanner you will find!
- Bombshell Tanning Lotion: This tanning lotion is definitely not recommended for first-time tanners. The tingly feeling you will get when you use this product is to be expected.
- Hemp Tanning Lotion: Much like any other tanning lotions this does not smell all that good but, is a definite steal as it gives you a great color and does not transfer onto your clothes.
- Luminary Tanning Lotion: Unlike other tanning lotions, this lotion works by acting the melanin present in your skin. Melanin is responsible for the darkness of your skin!
The Ultimate Spray Tan Solution
Spray tan products can be enticing and easy to use once you get the hang of it. Here are some of the best self tanning spray products.
- Mystic Tan Self-Tanning Spray with Bronzer: This may not be the perfect self spray tan that you will find. However, if you’re looking for a light tan which will last about two days then this is the product you ought to buy.
- Body Drench Quick Tan – Instant Self-tanning Spray: This is an instant tan spray product. However, it is recommended that you do use a mitt to rub the product in for an even tone.
- Siennasol Dark Spray Fake Tan Solution: This tan solution by Siennasol is not only the best fake tan spray but is a body tan spray that supports vegan and organic formulas!
- Neutrogena Micro-Mist Sunless Tanning Spray: This cheap self tanner is one of the perfect sunless tanning spray products in the market. However, this may not be the only good at home spray tan product as it can be extremely messy and hard to clean of the floor.
- L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Pro Perfect Airbrush: This airbrush tanning spray is one of the cheapest drugstore self tanner spray products out on the market. But, like the Neutrogena Spray tanner, this may not be the best at home self tanner as it is hard to clean and very messy. But, on the bright side, this is one of the best cheap self tanners in the market.
- SJOLIE Spray Tan Solution: If you are looking for a professional spray tan solution then this is the ultimate spray self tanner you will find! This is an organic self tanner with an instant self tanner that none other can compare to.
Spray Tan Kit
- Maxi-Mist Lite Sunless Spray Tanning Kit: This spray tan machine is the best at home tanner. In fact, many argue that it is better than a spray tan booth! It is easy to use and works on a cheap budget.
The Best Sunless Tanner for Face
- Tanwise Self-Tanning Face Gel: The best face self tanner in the market is the one that does not leave your face streaky, blotchy and most definitely not ORANGE! One of the face tanner gels is Tanwise Self-Tanning Face Gel which dries face and looks completely natural!
- Sephora Collection Gradual Self-Tanning Face Water: Another of the face tanning lotion products is the Sephora Collection Gradual Self-Tanning Face Water. The face tan that you will receive is sublime and great for those with sensitive skin!
The Best at Home Tanning Lotion for Legs
To get the perfect fake tan for legs is actually really easy as all of the above-mentioned products can be used to get a tan for legs.
However, the recommended best self tanner for legs is the Whish Self Tanner Body Butter. It gives a great glowing tan and moisturizes your skin at the same time!
The Best Fake Tan Products and Tanning Bronzer
- Fake Bake Fair Lotion: For a perfect fake tan for pale skin, use the Fake Bake Fair Lotion made specifically for people with fair and pale skin. It gives an even glow with a shade that is not too overpowering.
- Vita Liberata 2-3 week tan: One of the ultimate long lasting fake tan brands is the Vita Liberata 2-3 week tan. This is a bold but a true claim!
- Garnier BB Body Bronzer: The Garnier BB Body Bronzer is not only a cheap fake tan but is also one of the best bronzing tanning lotion in the market.
- Clinique Self Sun Body Tinted Lotion: Another bronzer tanning lotion that is worth taking a look at is the Clinique Self Sun Body Tinted Lotion. This provides a deep bronze color after a few hours of application.
The Best Sun Tanning Lotion
- ULTA Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Sunscreen Lotion: The best tanning lotion with bronzer has to be the ULTA Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Sunscreen Lotion. This tanning bronzer gives you an immediate color while helping you develop a more natural tan, with the necessary protection from harsh sun rays.
How To Apply Self-Tan
Step 1 – Pre-Application
1. Choosing the Right Product
The market is flooded with tanning cream products and choosing the right product for your skin is the key.
If you are impatient about getting your tan on, then you can choose from the over the counter self tanner products which have instant tanning results.
Be very particular about choosing the best tanning moisturiser for face, which has the right color that you require.
2. Wax Up!
Make sure to clean your body of extra and unwanted hair before you get on with the application process.
If you attempt to wax after you self-tan, you might end up ruining the tan and blotching it in places.
3. Exfoliate From Head To Toe
Cleanse and deep-exfoliate your pores, all over the body, for the complete self-tanning experience. Concentrate on areas that have a tougher skin like the knees and the elbows.
Moisturize gently after exfoliating your body, as the skin tends to dry out during the winter. Should this happen it will ruin the whole self-tan in winter application process. So, do not skip moisturizing!
4. Pat Dry And Be Patient
The key to a good tanning procedure is to ensure that your skin is completely dry and moisture free when you apply the product on your body.
Step 2 – Application
1. Gloves! Gloves! And Gloves!
Always remember to put on a pair of long sleeved latex gloves before using the product on yourself.
2. Bottom To The Top
Start your self-tan application from your legs and work upwards to the torso and then arms. This cycle of application applies to both spray and self-tanning cream.
Avoid areas and crevices that are normally hidden on your sunny day out like the sides of the foot and the area between the toes as they tend to tan a lot lesser than other exposed areas of the body.
3. Apply On Face And Neck
Move upwards and apply the product on the neck in smooth gliding strokes. Concentrate majorly on areas that you naturally tan, like the apples of your cheeks, forehead, chin and the nose.
Apply a natural tanning lotion product in small quantities and even it out as you do not want excess product darkening your skin abnormally. Apply petroleum jelly on your brows to not let it darken as the rest of your face.
Avoid even the best cheap tanning lotion for your face. It’s always best to be safe than sorry.
Also Read:Diy Beauty Hacks
4. Blend At The Joints
Ankles, knee joints, elbows and other joints are the areas where the self-tanning product needs to be blended well.
5. Patience Is The Key
Waiting out the entire process and application in itself is something that will require you to have a lot of time and patience.
If you rush through the application or do not give ample post-application time, for the product to settle, you will end up with a rather horrid experience.
Step 3 – Post-Application
1. Cover Missed-Out Spots
Identify spots that you may have missed in the first leg of the application process and cover them up with the self-tanning product.
Take extra care to use very limited quantity of the product, for this purpose, so that you do not overdo it.
2. Bleach To The Rescue
Similarly, if you think you have used too much product in some areas, then immediately rub it with lemon to stop the darkening process. You can also use a mild bleach to lighten that area if it is too tanned.
3. Moisturize Amply
Be generous with the moisturizer after you have completed the tanning process. In case your skin tends to crack or get dry with synthetic applications, moisturizing will give it a healthy glow and feel.
4. Re-apply For A Darker Tan
If you need to look like you spent more than a few hours on the beach, then pull out your self-tan product for a reapplication!