Short Hairstyles for Women Over 60
Women over 60 today have come out in the open to embrace their natural beauty and shine, shunning away old hairstyles and embracing top hairstyles, experimenting with different styles of hair cutting. Short hairstyles for women over 60 are easy to maintain and pleasing on the eyes, taking away years with it. In fact, these styles can double as short hairstyles for women over 50 too! One of the most novel ways to play with your looks is to shed those long locks and have short haircuts for older women. The best part is, you can choose to adorn your natural hair color or a colored hair look. Join us as we go through the best easy hairstyles for short hair.
Trending Hairstyles for Ladies Over 60 – Easy Maintenance
1. Stacked Curls
One of the most stylish haircuts and current hairstyles today is to stack layers of hair to give a different, stylish twist to short wavy hairstyles in short hair styles for older women.
- This is perfect for those lucky ladies who still have luscious, voluminous hair, who want to cut it short and rock short haircuts for thick hair.
- Such short layered haircuts for women add definition to your head as they perk up your face and add a funky detail to your locks.
- Short layered hairstyles for fine hair must be styled carefully, preferably in a salon, so that the lack of volume doesn’t make your head look dull.
- Layers can start from right at the top or midway from the sides.
This is one of the funkier variants of easy short hairstyles for 60 plus ladies, which involves a generous amount of hairspray and gel to keep your hair spiked.
- This adds height to your visage, making it one of the perfect short hairstyles for round faces over 60 which everyone can pull off very easily.
- This short hair cut is easy for laid back ladies as it is a non-fussy, easy-to-maintain hairdo which makes it one among the celebrity short hairstyles.
- The hair doesn’t fall in your eyes and it looks classy when paired with spectacles, making it one of the best short hairstyles for over 60 with glasses.
- Other variants of this include short shag haircuts and short permed hairstyles for over 60.
3. Smooth and Straight
Such short trendy hairstyles are perfect for professional setups for women who like to be in charge and administrate.
- This is one of the most popular hairstyles for oval faces as it adds contours and frames your face against your tresses.
- This can come under both short to medium hairstyles for women and short hairstyles for grey hair over 60.
- For women with grey hair, this hairdo is perfect as that shade of steel grey and platinum blonde works brilliantly well with a sleek, straight look; these cuts work well as hairstyles for over 65 for shoulder length haircuts with bangs and best short hairstyles for women in general.
- For women with naturally wavy hair and time on their hands, a straightening iron is your saving grace to achieve this raving look, and avoid hairstyles for curly hair.
But be careful about the amount of heat you subject your hair to, as hair weakens with age and you don’t want to ruin your precious locks instead of showing off short hairstyles for over sixties.
4. The Princess Diana
One of the most iconic fashion inspirations to rule our hearts in the late twentieth century was Princess Diana, and her styles are incorporated in short hairdos for older women.
- Her famous hairdos are legendary and were sported by many divas across the country and abroad as ladies short haircuts.
- Her style became so well-known that a particular way of cutting one’s hair came to be known as the Princess Diana style, incorporated even in short black hairstyles.
- This involves cutting your hair at a ninety-degree angle to the top of your head and playing around to create a feathery look that points away from your face.
- Such short hairstyles for older women and short sassy haircuts are best suited for women with medium density hair, to increase volume.
- Short hairstyles for thick wavy hair and short hairstyles for thick curly hair like this are increasingly popular with older women today.
This is a much experimented, playful look which any woman can sport with finesse for styling short hair for over 60 years old women. One simply cannot go wrong with a bob, as it is one of the cute short haircuts for round faces, which never goes out of style.
- This works well even with fine hair as it frames the face and requires not much hair, making it one of the short hairstyles for fine hair over 60.
- Such ladies short hairstyles draw attention to your fine features and make you look young and brimming with life when paired with a dazzling smile.
- A bob works well even with the professional ensemble and looks effortlessly classy as it can work in very short hairstyles for women over 60 with glasses.Paired with the right attire, short bob hairstyles for over 60 can go from casual chic to power magnet in seconds, making it very versatile.
6. Side Bangs
This effortless look takes your hairdo from boring to glam in three short inches!
- This style involves flicking the strands of hair in front of your face to one side, to cover your forehead partially.
- Such short hairstyles for women over 65 add contours to your face and make your forehead look smaller, which helps conceal a receding hairline.
- This is one among the easy hairstyles for 60 year old woman as it involves very little effort to maintain, albeit an occasional trim to make sure the hair in front doesn’t enter your hair.
- One of the most popular cute short haircuts for women, the side bang goes well with any outfit and makes you look youthful.
7. Messy Slick
Channel your inner punk rock rebel with messy slick locks or an asymmetrical cut!
- This can be incorporated in a bob, with bangs or in waves.
- This look turns heads your ways as it is different and modern.
- This runway-famous style is sure to elevate your mood as you try something new and funky.
- This is one of the short hairstyles for square faces as it accentuates your jawline.
- Your face has definition and soft curves at the same time with short asymmetrical haircuts.
- If you have pierced ears, you could even wear asymmetrical earrings to go that extra fashion mile with different earrings, complementing such new short hairstyles for women.
8. Stacked Bob
Combine the fashion statement of a layered textured look with the versatility of a bob and there you have it – a stacked bob, a trend so versatile that it figures on the list of short hairstyles for women over 50, short hairstyles for over 50 with glasses and short hairstyles for black women too!
- This combined with bangs is a deadly combination which looks extremely fashionable and trendy, making it one among the latest short hairstyles for the older woman.
- This is not one of the most recommended short hairstyles for fine hair, as it needs a fair amount of thickness to fashion out.
- You can use extensions to help fill up the volume if you are dressing up for a major event.
- Women with thick hair can make this an everyday affair as you conquer the world with perfect tresses in layered bob hairstyles for over 60.
9. Curls and Waves
Increase your womanly charm and increase your appeal with beautifully soft curls.
- Ringlets make you lose years magically and make you look youthful and graceful.
- They reduce the sharpness of your face and blunt out excessively sharp features.
- Wash your hair regularly to retain your soft natural curls.
- Short curly hairstyles for women over 60 work best when left natural and classy.
- The best hair styles for short hair include natural waves and curls
- Showering the previous night can give you gentle waves and curls in the morning.
- For short hairstyles for thick hair and for more pronounced tresses, you can use a curling iron or some rollers to give a 1960’s vibe to your hairdo.
- Remember to go gentle on your hair because the last thing you want is to ruin it with the heat of the curling iron for short haircuts for curly hair.
- You can also use bobby pins and cylindrical objects from pens, toilet paper rolls, and batteries to curl your hair at home.
Win over hearts with a super stylish, super comfy pixie cut. Pixie hairstyles are always in vogue and will continue to be so for evermore.
- Short hair for women over 50 can be styled with such easy-to-maintain and super stylish looks.
It works well for all skin tones and hair styles, and lists of short hairstyles for fine thin hair over 60 are always topped by pixie cut.
A close buzz or a crew cut can also be used here as short hairstyles for thin hair over 60, or you can opt for a standard pixie cut which looks chic and cute at the same time.
Grey or white hair looks as befitting on short hairstyles for over 60s fine hair as colored hair, as it shows how gracefully you can age.
Such short hairstyles for 60 year old woman unobtrusively draw attention to your facial features and are super easy to maintain as you’ll never have to worry about strays, fly-aways or bad hair days.
Such immortal styles can act as short hairstyles for ladies over 65 and even short hairstyles for women over 70.
If you are not that confident about your grays and whites, you can opt for colored hair in short hairstyles for older ladies.
- Highlights are favored for more demure looks, as they make your hair look natural, yet add a dash of color with modern hairstyles.
You can try salt-and-pepper shades of your natural hair color and white, or go for more adventurous hues like red, blue, purple or green. The sky is your limit!
Women with brunette or black hair can go for gold, caramel, maroon or burgundy highlights to seem natural and elegant, while women with blonde hair can choose lighter variants and platinum shades.
Redheads can opt for a dark crimson or maroon.
African-American women can opt for rich browns or creams to complement their chocolate skin in their short black haircuts.
Asian women with dark hair can opt for stunning shades of blue, purple or red to match their skin tone
If you think highlights are too boring, go out on a limb and color your entire tresses in a hue of choice and flaunt your locks with modern short haircuts!