Short Hairstyles for Women
Ladies! It’s that time of the year when you’re chilled out about vacations and the time to experiment with new short haircuts that are sure to turn heads and grab eyeballs! Short hairstyles for women are super easy to maintain and super chic to sport! Chop off those locks today as you embrace the 2017 fad and give yourself a gorgeous makeover. Take inspiration from style icons on the runway and the streets, and give off some major sassy vibes with our ideas and DIY hacks for short hair.
Do you think that monotonal hair is passé? If you do, this look is for you!
- Experiment with pastel colors today with short curly haircuts or even very short haircuts.
- If you have dark hair, your best bet is to go for hues of crimson, magenta, browns, and golden highlights as they are popular short haircuts.
- Now that you’re in university, try something fun and color your hair which works for super short haircuts!
- When you color very short hairstyles, the expenses involved aren’t that much as well, as there is lesser surface area to cover.
- Short hairstyles for girls doesn’t make you look masculine; it highlights the contours of your face.
- Take such cute short hairstyles a bit further by coloring your hair, to draw attention to your face, or to take attention away from it.
- For example, women with large eyes can go for subtle highlights on short shag hairstyles so that the attention is retained on the eyes when they choose short choppy hairstyles.
- Women with small eyes can load up on eye makeup and go for bright, eye-grabbing colors so that the feature stands out and the look is well-balanced while opting for short funky hairstyles.
Take laid back to a whole new level with this chic new hairstyle. Topknots are ridiculously easy to maintain, and super comfortable even as hairstyles with bangs. Read on to find out two easy ways to tie your hair into two different hairstyles which come under updo hairstyles, which can even work for shoulder length hairstyles.
- Brush your hair thoroughly to remove any knots to start with these simple hairstyles.
- Secure your hair into a high ponytail with a hair tie; bend over and gather your hair into a ponytail for updos for short hair.
- Divide the ponytail into two equal sections to try these modern hairstyles for women.
- Twist one section over the other and repeat until you reach the end of the two sections, for shoulder length haircuts.
- Arrange the twisted hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail, hiding the hair tie for fashionable short hairstyles and hip women hairstyles.
- Tuck the tip of the ponytail into the hair tie, and secure with pins.
- Apply hairspray to keep your hair in place, and to tuck in any fly-aways.
- Another short haircut ideas for short hair involves you bending forward and gathering your hair into a high ponytail.
- Do not tie your hair into a ponytail now; merely gather for this short hair cut.
- Use a wide-toothed comb or a brush to tousle up the base of your hair for added volume for this ladies hair style.
- Comb the base of the ponytail to smooth any rough strays.
- Holding the base of the pony with one hand, twist the rest of the hair around the base, using a finger for support if your hair is too short for short cut hairstyles.
- Tuck the end into the base of the pony and secure the entire bun with a hair tie.
- Use hairspray to keep this latest haircut for short hair in place and to avoid strays, and parade one of the best short haircuts for women!
3. Waterfall Braids
Do you want to make a lasting impression on the first day of university with short layered hairstyles or short stylish haircuts for women? Look no further, as the waterfall braid is the go-to look for you as short trendy haircuts for women!
The waterfall braid makes your hair appear graceful and flowing, making it perfect for short hair cut styles or short hair cuts for women. It can be incorporated from formal dance looks to casual chic.
This look takes some time to perfect; this complex braid is one of the latest short hairstyles, but the results are totally worth it. Do not lose heart, ladies! Follow our step-by-step instructions and perfect that waterfall glam today for this best hairstyle short hair.
Try this look on freshly conditioned hair, as it has to be extra soft before you can check this out with female short haircuts.
- Pick three sections of hair near your hairline, either at the top of your hair or sideways.
- We’ll call them 1, 2 and 3, with 2 being the one in the middle.
- Cross 1 over 2.
- Cross 3 over 1 (the current middle section).
- Cross 2 (the current top section) over 3 (the new middle section), then 1 (current bottom section) over 2 (middle).
- Drop 2 (middle section) down, so that it falls and blends with the rest of the hair.
- Pick up a similar strand of hair from close by, to be your new section 1.
- Repeat the above steps till you go all around your head with these short ladies hairstyles.
- When you reach the side of your ear, do a normal three-section braid and secure your hair with a bobby pin.
- Secure your style with hairspray and rule the room as people “ooh” and “aah” over such womens short hairstyles.
- And there you go, a gorgeous waterfall braid ready to wow the crowds with, as you rock short womens haircuts.
4. Double Dutch Pigtails
Add some quirk to your day with pigtails. But wait a minute, these aren’t your average middle-school pigtails. These are double Dutch plaits, for that double glam with a new hair style!
Don’t worry, this look isn’t as complicated as it seems. Start off with clean, dry hair and add some volumizing gel if you feel that your hair is too thin to carry off this style.
These styles can be used as short haircuts for black women, as short hairstyles for black women can be complex and layered, to show off their dark locks.
- Divide your hair into two sections, and tie off the side you aren’t going to braid now, into the front of your bob haircut or similar short bob hairstyles.
- From one main section, take a few strands of hair to the front of your hair, and divide into three sections.
- Begin the Dutch braid by crossing the sections underneath each other (reverse or inverted French braid).
- First, cross the right section underneath the middle one, then cross the left section underneath the new middle section.
- Add a new strand of hair to the right section and cross it to the middle.
- Add a new strand of hair to the left section and cross it to the middle.
- Repeat this process and continue braiding till you reach the end of your hair.
- Secure the end of the braid with a hair tie, leaving as little hair as possible.
- Repeat the steps above on next section.
- And there you have it – super simple, super cute double Dutch braids!
Give off wild vibes with new short hair styles and short black hairstyles like undercuts, to embrace your inner rock goddess.
- This look adds great definition to the face, so it might not be a good look for women with a prominent double chin or a square jaw.
- Women with heart, oval or diamond shaped faces can sport this style with finesse, making this one of the popular hairstyles for oval faces and hairstyles for long faces.
- This style can be an extension of a mohawk, with a tuft of hair extended till the nape of the neck, or you can opt for a buzz cut with patterns on it, making it suitable as one of the short haircuts for curly hair, short haircuts for thick hair or short haircuts for fine hair.
- We recommend going to a salon to get professional help on undercuts, as it is extremely difficult to get the intricate shapes right on your scalp with a perfectly positioned mirror.
Chignons are effortlessly classy, and go well with any head shape, making it one of the popular short hairstyles for round faces and short female hairstyles. A twisted chignon is super easy to style and looks regal and elegant, which is why it features in the list of stylish short haircuts for ladies and short style haircuts for women.
Remember to start with hair that has been washed the day before, to give it some natural texture while attempting such short female haircuts. Use some hairspray or hair serum if you feel it needs additional texture.
This look goes perfectly with long gowns or sundresses, but you can opt for this updo even with jeans and tees as you show off stylish short hair for women.
- After volumising your hair, part it sideways while attempting this hair style women.
- Push all your hair behind your shoulders, and tuck it behind your ears.
- Divide your hair into three equal sections.
- Take one section and twist it around itself, using your finger or a pencil if necessary.
- Secure it with bobby pins.
- Repeat this process with the other two sections, and secure.
- Pull the knots a little to make the chignon look messy and tousled, for that extra rustic ruffle for such haircuts for short hair.
- Pull all three knots together and secure with bobby pins, to make it look like one large knot.
- Pull at the knot so that your hair looks natural and effortless.
- Spritz hairspray to keep your style in place.
- Accessorize such ladies short haircuts with bows, flowers or barrettes.
- This hairdo is perfect for natural flowers, and you can attach flowers to the front of your hair, or into the knot itself.
- You can also perch delicate tiaras on the knots for short wedding hairstyles.
7. Sock Buns
Do you want an effortlessly classy look that takes very little time to master? Then this style is the one for you. A deceptively simple bun can double up as short hairstyles for fine hair, short hairstyles for thin hair and even hairstyles for short curly hair! You don’t even need a hair doughnut for this.
If you’re anything like me, you always have spare socks lying about that you’ve given up finding a pair for, so put them to good use with our sock bun hack to try easy hairstyles for short hair and short hair hairstyles!
- Pick a spare sock that matches the color of your hair – if you have blonde hair, go for a nude or peach sock and so on.
- Cut the toe of the sock off, so that you have a tube of elastic fabric to use for short hairstyles for women.
- Roll up your sock into a doughnut, by folding the open end of the sock over and over again until it is rolled up on itself.
- Pull your hair into a ponytail at the place you want your bun – it can be the top of your head, or a bit lower down depending on your choices for cute short haircuts for women.
- If your hair is too short, opt for a pony at the crown of the head where hair length tends to be maximum.
- Use a hair tie to hold the pony in place.
- Roll the sock onto the tip of your pony, by slipping the hair into the hole of the doughnut, and roll in.
- Tuck the ponytail into the sock, by holding the tip and pushing your hair in.
- Roll the sock down to your head, reaching the base of the ponytail.
- Spread your hair evenly throughout the doughnut, so that it looks equally distributed.
- Tuck in loose strands with bobby pins which might arise due to layered hair, and use hairspray to secure your style.
- Your sock bun is ready for the day!
Which short hairdos for women were your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below!
*Disclaimer: The information gathered is the author’s point of view and no one else’s. This article might be subject to change.