Beauty Tips Using Vegetables
There are many ways in which vegetables for glowing skin can help you look good with no side-effects at all. Using products made from chemicals and those products which claim to be ‘100% Natural’ and yet have some percentage of chemicals in them, is always risky for the exterior health thereby resulting in the damage of the interior health.
Below is a list of vegetables whose packs you can make on a fine Saturday or Sunday by putting aside a little of your time, thereby making herbal, homemade products whose ingenuity you wouldn’t have to ever doubt.
Vegetables For Glowing Skin
Many out there are victims of sagging skin which is honestly a headache to take care of. But with cabbage, it is always just easy to dispose of it.
- 3 Tablespoons Finely chopped cabbage
- 2 Teaspoons Rice Flour
- 1 Egg White
- Mix all the ingredients together and apply it on your face.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes before washing it off with cool water.
Also Read: 5 Medicinal Benefits Of Tulsi (Basil)
Well, besides being the favorite vegetable of many, potato also does a lot of good to your skin then you will ever know. Naturally being a bleaching agent, the potato can relieve tired eyes when slices are put on your lids while also eliminating dark circles, including the elimination of sunburn and suntan.
- 1 Potato
- 1 Cucumber
- Cotton Pads
- First of all, peel the potato and the cucumber and wash them thoroughly.
- Mix them in a blender to make a juice.
- Finally, using the cotton pads, soak them in the mixture and place them over your eyes.
- Lastly, relax for about 15-20 minutes before washing off with cool water.
We have heard so often that carrots are good to improve eyesight. While that is true (as always), a carrot is also great at making your skin glow.
- Grind the carrots into a paste and apply it on your face.
- Finally, rinse your face with cold water after 10-15 minutes.
The moment I hear this word, those small, round, green, cute-ish things come to my mind (of course it does to everyone), the ones that feel ticklish when you rub them between your fingers. Well, these have in them the ability to repair bronzed skin and also eliminate dark pigmentation of the skin. You just have to eat them on a regular basis or follow the face mask recipe of vegetables for glowing skin given below!
- 2 Tablespoons Pea Flour
- 1 Cup of Warm Water
- Make the flour into a thick paste by adding the warm water slowly into the mixture.
- Finally, apply this paste on your face for 10-15 minutes before washing it away with cool water.
Despite not being a real favorite of many, credit to their bitter taste, turnips have in them the vitamin C which is a natural antioxidant which controls the growth of melanin, thereby preventing dark pigmentation of the skin while also making it clean and smooth.
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Turnip
- 1-2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Milk
- First of all, peel and cut the carrot and turnip into small pieces.
- Add the pieces to the water and bring it to a boil.
- Strain the water and mash the carrot and turnip into a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face, once it has cooled, and allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your face with the milk to soften the skin.
- Lastly, wash your face using a mild face wash.
We all know what a magical herb asparagus, containing in it almost every solution to the problems that we have. Asparagus contains in it selenium- a substance that slows down the process of aging and whitens your skin.
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Asparagus
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a blender.
- Chop up the asparagus and add it to the lemon juice.
- Blend it well and then apply the paste on your face.
- Lastly, wash it off after 20 minutes.
7. Sweet Potato
This veggie is loved by many; it has an edge of a taste to it which makes it lovable. This vegetable has also the ability to remove dark circles and restore the face its beauty and shine. Also, due to its anti-inflammatory property, it helps in wiping out puffiness around the eyes and eliminates wrinkles.
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1/2 Sweet Potato
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Boil, peel and mash the sweet potato.
- Place it in a blender along with the other ingredients and blend.
- Finally, apply a fine paste of sweet potato on your face and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
8. Bitter Gourd
Do you like bitter gourd? Probably not, who normally does? We only eat it when our mothers shove it down our throats. Well, as far as health is concerned, bitter gourd is not as bitter as it tastes, in fact, it could be the sweetest. It is the best medicine to cure any scars on your skin for steadfast results and is also a good solution for dull looking skin.
- 1 Tablespoon Bitter Gourd Juice
- 3/4 Tablespoon Tomato Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Mix all three ingredients and apply in on your face before you sleep.
- Finally, wash off in the morning.
We have often heard about all the medicinal properties of yam. But the fact is, these vegetables for glowing skin is as medicinal as it can get. They are good bleaching agents which also help in lightening and whitening of the skin, while also protecting your skin against a tan.
- Yam Peels
- Use fresh yam peels and rub it on your face.
- Wash off after 15 minutes.
This is one vegetable that is a lot of fun to have around. I am sure that many of us have used beetroot juice to fool people saying that it was blood. Most of us use chemical blushes to get those perfect rosy cheeks, while all of them are not as healthy as we know, these vegetables for glowing skin are a fitting solution to achieving naturally rosy cheeks.
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Yogurt
- 3-5 Tablespoons of Beetroot Juice
- Few Drops of Glycerine
- Mix the yogurt, glycerine and beetroot juice together and apply an even coat on your face.
- Lastly, rinse your face with cool water after 5-10 minutes.
These once again are antioxidants which help greatly in reducing wrinkles and aging. Also, they protect your skin against a tan. This is because mushrooms contain selenium which protects your skin from all the above conditions. These vegetables for glowing skin also have a lot more advantages inside your body.
- 6 Mushrooms
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2-3 Drops of Lavender Essential Oils
- 2-3 Drops of Wheat Germ Essential Oils
- Boil the mushrooms in the water until the water reduces to have its amount.
- Strain the water and allow the water to cool.
- Add the drops of essential oils to the liquid.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it over your face.
- Finally, leave it overnight and rinse the next day with a mild face wash.
12. Sprouted Beans
These vegetables for beauty have in them a lot of vitamin A which is especially good for eyes and skin. They prevent freckles, blemishes and helps in whitening of the skin.
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Green Bean Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Yogurt
- Combine the green bean powder and the yogurt and mix it well.
- Apply it over your face and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse with cool water.
13. Wax Gourd/ Winter Melon
Winter Melons contain a good amount of Zinc and Magnesium in them which are very good for the body. These vegetables for glowing skin have the ability to prevent dark spots and help in toning the skin.
- 100 grams Wax Gourd
- 20 grams Walnuts
- 10 grams Honey
- Chop the wax gourd into small pieces and mash it into a paste.
- Grind the walnuts into a powder.
- Mix the three ingredients and apply it on your skin.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water after 15-20 minutes.